banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Used my Blackstar HT-20H in a band practice for the first time tonight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used my Blackstar HT-20H in a band practice for the first time tonight.

And the practice area's sketchy electrical surged and blew a fuse in my head. I was going to get a surge protector on my way out of my house but I forgot. Oh well.
    My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
    The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
    Originally posted by CTN
    I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Re: Used my Blackstar HT-20H in a band practice for the first time tonight.

That sounds like a very risky place to play in if the fuse blowing was indeed caused by a surge of that magnitude. You need POWER CONDITIONING and VOLTAGE REGULATION in that case, not just 'surge protection'.

A 'surge protector' will just blow instead of the amp and will eventually fail. Plus, depending on the surge, it can still get to your amp regardless of how fast the surge protection is.

Power conditioning/voltage regulation will take whatever is coming from the wall and put out clean 120V.

I would strongly advise getting an electrician to measure the voltage coming out of the walls in that place first.
    Last edited by TwilightOdyssey; 03-26-2013, 06:54 AM.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Re: Used my Blackstar HT-20H in a band practice for the first time tonight.

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
      That sounds like a very risky place to play in if the fuse blowing was indeed caused by a surge of that magnitude. You need POWER CONDITIONING and VOLTAGE REGULATION in that case, not just 'surge protection'.

A 'surge protector' will just blow instead of the amp and will eventually fail. Plus, depending on the surge, it can still get to your amp regardless of how fast the surge protection is.

Power conditioning/voltage regulation will take whatever is coming from the wall and put out clean 120V.

I would strongly advise getting an electrician to measure the voltage coming out of the walls in that place first.
      Thanks for the advice.
      My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
      The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
      Originally posted by CTN
      I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
      FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

Working...
      X