NAD: and I hate it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NAD: and I hate it.

Valvetronix has a good headphone out no? I use (hell, I BOUGHT) my Class 5 for the headphone jack all the time...

I duno man. I watched 'Fight Club' again recently and it's messed with my mind.
    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post

You're mad because you bought a practice amp that's specifically designed to be used with a computer and you don't want to, and you already have practice amps?

No. You fail at reading comprehension, no wonder your head hurts

Besides that, the amp is not specifically designed to be used with a computer, that ability is a feature, sure, and one I like to have available. But when a basic amp control, like "middle" is not accessible, nor any effect parameters besides tap tempo are accessible without taking all my **** downstairs, and plugging in and booting up, it is a problem, AFAIC.

ErikH Nailed it. I want something for low volumes that sounds decent. When it is time to practice in the evening after the little one is in bed, if my wife is on the computer, I cannot even modify anything on the amp at all. The M1V2 also needs to be nearly as loud as my Class 5 to sound worth a damn...another strike. If I NEED to use headphones, I do have the Class5 option which I mentioned. if the Wife is in bed watching TV (bedroom near my music room) , then having something portable and low volume helps a great deal. I can go into another room, or during nice weather, out on the deck.

I do have a VOX VT15 that is half fried and has been dying a slow death for 3+ years: it turns on and off by itself, makes all kinds of pops and scratchy noises, switches amp models and effects on and off by itself, etc. even after several re-boots.Thus why I am looking for a new similar amp to replace it, though with a MP3 jack.
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
        I do have a VOX VT15 that is half fried and has been dying a slow death for 3+ years: it turns on and off by itself, makes all kinds of pops and scratchy noises, switches amp models and effects on and off by itself, etc. even after several re-boots. Thus why I am looking for a new similar amp to replace it.
        Is the MP3 jack critical to whether or not you will use the amp? Because it sounds like you could just get another Vox and be happy.
        Custom neck-thru strat
        1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
        1995 PRS CE24
        D'avanzo #8
        Breedlove Solo Concert
        1996 USA Dean Baby Z
        1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
        1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
        Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
          Is the MP3 jack critical to whether or not you will use the amp? Because it sounds like you could just get another Vox and be happy.
          The new version has an MP3 jack,..it is not a deal breaker but as I have no normal stereo system, it makes learning songs/parts easier. I am returning the Mustang tomorrow , as I could not make it on Friday. I will try some other stuff.
          I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Working...
          X