Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digitech GNX3000 vs RP355

Hi,

I am planning to buy an used effect unit that is not too complicated to program and I would like to know the main differences between those two fine multieffects.

I am not much of a tweeker guy, in fact I am planning to download many of already presets from the community...and I have no previous experience with this multieffects thing, so SIMPLICITY is very important issue. I also dont have an amp, I go out through PA, so Modeling is very important, but again i dont need to be choosing between 32 different cab models and mics!.

What I know is that RP355 is newer technology (AUDIO DNA2) and also has drum machine and a looper, so it just feels logical to go this way. It also seems simpler and easier to work with, but... is it too simpler than GNX3000? What things I would not have that are inside the GNX3000?

Thanks a lot for your input.

Javier

Re: Digitech GNX3000 vs RP355

Jatego :

You get a 8 track recorder added to this if you consider the next model up from the GNX3000 to the GNX4 . They can be had reasonably too . I have one so if you going to go " use " it's a no brainer to get the added stand alone 8 track added to the equation .

All the GNX series is really good , you just have to learn how to [ tweak ] them .
    There are loads of custom made presets you can down load free . These are made by individuals who are a membner of the Digitech GNX Community , they are still active as far as being able to listen to them and or down load once you become a member of the forum .

Where you from ?

Easy Good Hunting :

Hurricane Ramon
    Last edited by Hurricane; 03-29-2013, 10:49 PM.
    It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me

Comment

Re: Digitech GNX3000 vs RP355

I have the 3000
      the models are great
      But as hurricane says the 4 would be a major step up

I would like the looper and recorder too
      But I got my 3000 when MF was blowing them out at $149 some years ago

And I have way too many amps as is

You could also look at modeling amps

The 30 watt Peavey Vyper is a gigable amp with plenty of good tones

As are the Line6 and Fender Mustang of similar wattage

Fender makes the Mustang in a floor pedal version too
      EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
      X