banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa V-Twin & Computer stuff... (RedWirez IR Cabs & Classic VST's & Antress' VST's)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa V-Twin & Computer stuff... (RedWirez IR Cabs & Classic VST's & Antress' VST's)

I am loving the results...

I have used my old Mesa V-Twin (that I have bought in 96 from Sam Ash in NYC) with its power amp out. Here are the details

- My old Warmoth hardtail strat and I am using the bridge (Duncan PATB-3)
    - Mesa V-Twin power amp out (with a boost pedal called Boom Boost in front) into my soundcard (EMU1616-m)
    - RedWirez cab IR's (Marshall 1960's with G12M's G12H30's and V30)
    - Antress' Modern VST plugins... They are great and free! EQ (black dragon or something) and spacer
    - Classic VST plugins... Chorus and Flanger

Anybody else using RedWirez and this computer stuff? To me this set sounds more convincing than the softwares like Guitar Rig Amplitube and even LePou stuff.

B
    FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Re: Mesa V-Twin & Computer stuff... (RedWirez IR Cabs & Classic VST's & Antress' VST'

Having read my own post... felt like adding the following:

This whole thing is cool for recording. Please don't get me wrong. For me it will never ever replace the real deal valve amps with pedals and 4x12 cabs...

Having said that, I want to stress that this whole VST & IR stuff is pretty cool for recording just for fun and at low volumes.

B

Comment

Re: Mesa V-Twin & Computer stuff... (RedWirez IR Cabs & Classic VST's & Antress' VST'

I get better tones now with IRs than I did with 4x12 cabs. Mixing and matching outboard gear and plugins gives so much more flexibility and tone, it's unreal.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
      @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Exactly!

B

Comment

Sounds really good, regardless of what was used.

I tried some impulse responses just to see how it would go over for recording demos ... and promptly made space in my house again for the iso cab!
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

sounds amazing!

Comment

I love this... the whole silent recording thing! I might even buy a good clean preamp, Juggler?

Here is another recording made just now:

B

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                Sounds really good, regardless of what was used.

I tried some impulse responses just to see how it would go over for recording demos ... and promptly made space in my house again for the iso cab!
                Originally posted by everdrone View Post
                sounds amazing!
                Thanks guys.

B

Comment

it sounds excellent.
                  "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                  Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
                    it sounds excellent.
                    Thanks! Glad you like it.

B

Comment

Here is another... This whole "silent recording" thing is VOW you know...

B

Comment

I dig the tone! I like your first song's tone and style/playing more though. definitely a modern dual recto type guitar solo tone. My favs are fuzz and tons of dynamics and the axefxII does not quite get me there, so I am waiting for an axefxIII and am enjoying recording with:

my tech 21 oxford/vtbass pedals and recabinet IR impulses!!

cheers

Comment

I dunno much about AxeFx. Should be a good axe. On the other hand, I know some of them good amp VST's, like LePou and Kuassa and all... This "hybrid" thing, I think, is much better. That is using a real preamp such as V-Twin and getting the cab sim and chorus flange and all via VST's and IR's (to me) delivers!

I was joking about it, yet I am becoming more and more serious about getting Kingsley Jouster, which should be quite a good clean preamp. The clean side of the V-Twin sucks big time, and I am not a metal head (to be honest).

BTW thanks! I am glad you like it...

I've done another one (I am really into this ****! ) This should kinda contain a bit more harmonics! Duncan PATB-3 rules!

B

Comment

Regarding the cleans...

Well, after writing the above post, I've got curious and decided to have a go with the clean side of the V-Twin. Guess what! I was wrong. To me it sounds alright!

I've used 5E3 cab sim of RedWirez with Celestion Blues...

Here it is:

B

Comment

Working...
                            X