Need advice on Back line set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on Back line set up

Heres the low down this group i'm playing for is in talks for playing a show in texas. They people would pay for our transportation down their and other expenses and provide equipment needed. Since I doubt I will be lugging my Blackstar HT 40 combo to texas and only bringing my axe I was considering asking them to provide a rig and pedals if needed. Now since i'm asking for an amp my two choices would be either a Fender Twin Re, or a Marshall TSl 2000 50watt or 100watt with a 4x12 cab since those amps are very common and readily available and easily attainable. The marshall has both a clean and dirt channel so I wouldn't be worried about getting a good tone out of it on the fly but the Twin is where I would be lost. I don't own or use pedals but the Twin I know could do the job but what pedals would cover the basics as far as Dirt, verb, delay go for both amps? Or if you have an idea for a better rig or back line then go ahead and share. Also just FYI it's gospel church music I would be playing in a big church a med to large size venue and more then likely there will be a decent PA and mics available.
    Originally posted by KBliss
    WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
    Originally posted by trevorus
    The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Re: Need advice on Back line set up

Why not ask for a Blackstar?
    I want more me in my tone.

Comment

I thought about that but I also know that a lot of places don't stock them so I still wanted to have a back up option if I can't get a Blackstar Head and cab. You can get a twin or Marshall anywhere any time for the most part.
      WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
      The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

My choice would be the Twin, but I use a Bassman.

Comment

What pedals do you run in your rig if any?

Comment

I have a Boss Blues Driver, a Visual Sound Double Trouble, Boss TU-3 tuner, Danelectro graphic EQ, Ibanez Chorus/Flanger, Delta Lab delay, a volume pedal, and a A/B pedal to switch between instruments

Comment

church? yall play really quietly, even at a big church. so dont spend much and dont play loud! might even consider going direct and play through their PA. maybe they will ask you back since your expense was less! a decent PA should do the trick.

Comment

grab an RP50 and jack into the PA
                any amp you want
                and most any effect

bam
                EHD
                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I would ask for something easy to find that covers lots of ground in the dirt department and is easy to get good sounds out of. Like an OCD.

Comment

Working...
                  X