• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tell me about Fuzz pedals.

I like this (and some others too)

Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

I can 'thrash' all day with a fuzzface. It's there, you just have to think differently and use the volume knobbie. I bring it back to about 7 and it's thrashy and tight. Roll it down and it's crunchy and all the way up it's a sputtering violin of doom.

My favorite thing about my oxfuzz germanium IS how it's a lil different every day. I never touch the bias on the inside and I just go with it.

I run it first and then into a bypass loop with a few envelope filters. I get some super deranged synth tones out of two common pedals.
      Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

I've also come to fuzz quite late. I spent a lot of time avoiding them, looking for smoother drives and distortions. I think it's probably worked out better for me in the long run as I needed to understand how my playing, my guitar, my pedals and my amp all interact in order to make the best use of fuzz. I'm currently running a Tone Wicker Big Muff and I'm awaiting delivery of a Voodoo Lab Superfuzz.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Working...
        X