Weird Wah cutting our problem, HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Wah cutting our problem, HELP!!

Hey guys, so I have been having problems lately with my wah (Dunlop Original Crybaby) cutting out and or dropping in volume considerably. After replacing batteries and investigating it seemed to happen randomly when switching on/off, rocking the wah, touching the input/output jacks, putting weight on it . . . . basically anything could cause this to happen. So I opened it up and after trying out nearly everything I noticed the wiring harness was loose so I sprayed in some contact cleaner and fit it snuggly back on, all seemed fine BUT

It still drops in volume if I put my weight on it only in the heel down position, but the weird thing is it can happen whether the wah is on or not, doesn't seem to matter. And if I lift my weight off of it while its still in heel down the volume comes back . . . something must be shorting out but I have no idea what it could be. I have it velcroed (spelling?) to my pedal board so its not using the rubber feet. Any ideas??
    Epiphone Sg - Kent Armstrong P-90n, Anderson H3b
    Epiphone Les Paul Limited edition - TB-14b, FREDn
    Dean FBD ML - SH13b, Zebra '59n
    Waynes World Squire MIJ strat - Antiquity surfer set
    Ovation acoustic

Mesa .50 caliber+
    Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Re: Weird Wah cutting our problem, HELP!!

Have you cleaned the jacks with contact cleaner? Is the circuit board mounted firmly on the chassis?
    Sounds like your hot wires from the jacks are touching ground slightly.

Comment

I'll check that, I noticed when just touching the unplugged jack to the outer casing it seems like the casing is conducting . . . maybe thats the problem
      Epiphone Sg - Kent Armstrong P-90n, Anderson H3b
      Epiphone Les Paul Limited edition - TB-14b, FREDn
      Dean FBD ML - SH13b, Zebra '59n
      Waynes World Squire MIJ strat - Antiquity surfer set
      Ovation acoustic

Mesa .50 caliber+
      Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Comment

Clean the input & out put jacks. Use contact cleaner like Deoxit, if that doesn't fix the problem its probably the switch.
        "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
        "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

I had something just like that happen with mine. I replaced the input jack and I haven't had a problem with it since.
          Originally posted by Ball&Chain
          Orange beer just doesnt taste near as good as red. Im sure you will find that in the bible somewhere.

Comment

Working...
          X