first NAD in a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first NAD in a while

Got a 100w valveking off ebay for $200. I love my classic 50, but i miss having good metal tone when i need it, which the VK does very well.

There's a chunk of tolex missing, but I'm probably going to re-cover it in natural brown and build a matching 212 cab with texas heats.

Regarding any post I've made before 2018, assume I've changed my mind by now.

Re: first NAD in a while

See. I need to just get something like that.

Comment

I'm like a kid at x-mas waiting for it to arrive.

I'll be running it through the C50's 410 cab for a while until i can find the time to build a 212.

Comment

Had one for a bit, it's nice. Throw that Bad Monkey in front and you'll get into technical death metal territory.

Also, recovering is a LOT of work. If you just want to change the color, grab some vinyl spray paint.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
        @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Originally posted by dominus View Post
          Also, recovering is a LOT of work. If you just want to change the color, grab some vinyl spray paint.
          I don't mind the effort. I want the aged leather look anyway. Can't do that with paint.

Or i may just sand it down and stain it.
          Last edited by rumblebox; 04-25-2013, 08:02 AM.

Comment

This is the color I'm thinking about doing.

Comment

Love the Texas Heats! I wish I knew how to build a cab.

Comment

Originally posted by nedcronin View Post
                Love the Texas Heats! I wish I knew how to build a cab.
                Change of plans. I bought a 212 subwoofer box for $20. I'm simply modifying it to be a guitar cab. I'll post progress pics.

Comment

This is a totally underrated amp. I rocked a VK with texas heats for a couple years and i really miss it. I love my Jet city but its a different sound. The VK would be a great compliment to it and if i ever ran across one for $200 i wouldn't hesitate to get one. I put my modded ts9 in front of it. Tight bottom end. Great for most metalcore sounds ala KSE, etc. The only thing that bothered me was the delay when swithing channels. the heats are great with this amp though, even if you're going to build your own.
                  Ibanez S520-> NS2->TS9 (Monte Allums Modded)->JCA100H->Emi Texas Heat 4x12

Comment

I'll usually A/B between the VK wnd C50. So I'll most likely never use the VK's clean channel anyway.

Comment

I can tell it'll sound bad ass with texas heats and new tubes.

Comment

Working...
                      X