X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Peavey bandit with VASE towers

Originally posted by GoldenVulture View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]41609[/ATTACH]
    wooooooOW l;ooks rad. I really like the vase logo hey its got classy written all over it.

Comment

Those columns were probably originally meant to go with a PA head. A lot of valve PAs got used as guitar amps back in the day, and many of them sounded great for guitar. The columns often had four 12s in each one.

Etone speakers were made in Sydney in ... i think ... the late '60s and the '70s, and were used in a lot of locally-manufactured gear. They were good speakers, and could be reconed cheaply and easily if they needed to be. I have a reconed pair here, they sound great.

If you want to know more about the original Vase amps, take a look here ....

VASE - Classic Australian Valve Amplifiers
      Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

I just recently had my 1989 Peavey Bandit reserviced and cleaned , inside and out. Plus I had the missing knob from the post on the gain section replaced as well. For a 24 year old combo, it now sounds like it just came off of the assembly line. These amps are like frigging tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by crusty philtrum View Post
          Those columns were probably originally meant to go with a PA head. A lot of valve PAs got used as guitar amps back in the day, and many of them sounded great for guitar. The columns often had four 12s in each one.

Etone speakers were made in Sydney in ... i think ... the late '60s and the '70s, and were used in a lot of locally-manufactured gear. They were good speakers, and could be reconed cheaply and easily if they needed to be. I have a reconed pair here, they sound great.

If you want to know more about the original Vase amps, take a look here ....

http://www.ozvalveamps.org/vase.htm
          Nice Mr crust i thought you may of had some info on them thanks. My brother has a thinner set of vase towers that have 4x12 in them. Strangely enough mine seem to have a bit more mojotone than his. Maybe its because of 3x speakers. I noticed on there current website there guitar cabs all have 3x as well.
          Last edited by kramersteen; 05-01-2013, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X