Roland Cube vs. Fender Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Roland Cube vs. Fender Mustang

Epic is correct, the cube 80XL is the way to go. I got tired of buying tubes every year so I got the cube 80xl ,I also got the 3 fs-6 footswitches to access all the effects in the amp ,it took a few gigs to get used to it but now I love it,plenty loud and I get a lot of compliments on the tone,I pair it with a 1x12 open back cab .great amp simple and versatile. ,and the Dyna amp setting is very cool ,don't get the 40xl get the 80 xl

Comment

The Mustangs are way more versatile and flexible in a live situation. You can save a lot more presets, and I think they have more amp models and effects available. AND I think they sound pretty great. I've got a Mustang I that I keep next to my couch for practice and I dig it.

I work at GC and we always have the Mustangs, the Spiders, and the Vypers (peavey) and the mustangs absolutely sound the best, albeit there's not much competition from those two. We never have the full sized Cubes in stock but I wish we would so I could give one a try, it's been a while.

Guitar->pedals->amp
      Gear:
      Fender '03 CIJ Antigua Strat
      Epi Dot Natural
      Partscaster blackie
      Breedlove Passport Mahogany
      VOX V845 -> MXR Blue Box -> Boss CS-3 -> MXR Phase 90 -> Paul C. Tim OD -> Fulltone Plimsoul -> Boss CE-3 -> EHX Memory Toy -> SD Deja Vu Delay >
      Marshall Artist 30 4202 or Bugera V5

I WORK FOR GC, IF YOU NEED A DEAL PM ME!!!

Comment

"So most seem to like the Cubes over the new Fender Mustangs...."

Or, most have not tried or heard the Mustangs.

Comment

At small clubs I've used my Cube 20X quite a few times on an amp stand.Works great and the tones are decent.Great practice amp at home also.I run my Boss BR 80 through it and learn tunes.Sounds great mic'd out!
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97 View Post
            At small clubs I've used my Cube 20X quite a few times on an amp stand.Works great and the tones are decent.Great practice amp at home also.I run my Boss BR 80 through it and learn tunes.Sounds great mic'd out!
            WARNING*****

You can't buy a Cube 20 like John's in a store!!!!!!! Just saying it *might* not be stock….
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
              WARNING*****

You can't buy a Cube 20 like John's in a store!!!!!!! Just saying it *might* not be stock….
              LOL...Just the add on of a speaker out on mine so I can run it into a 2x12 or 4x12,but I never do anyway! LOL...I Like the sound of the amp on it's own..I'm going to get a much better speaker for mine and the amp will be even better!
              Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Love the Microcube. You can take a line out from it direct into a PA anytime you need more volume.

Comment

Our bassist is playing guitar too and he's been using a 30W Cube for 6-7 years or so. He plays everything and his tone is quite okay. It was tortured a lot both onstage and offstage and seems to be super reliable.

I have no info about the Mustang. Anyone?
                  Wackor
                  Ørdøg
                  NecroPolo
                  Diabolus in Musica
                  SIDrip Alliance
                  Book of Shadows
                  RKH

Comment

The Cube series are amazing amps, the gain responds fairly realistically on most settings, I really love the Classic Stack setting on mine, I use it about 90% of the time for practice, and even sometimes at smaller gigs or band practice. The key to the roland cube, the one thing that holds people back from thinking that it's amazing: It does NOT have a speaker simulator built in. This means that in order to get speaker push, you are going to need to turn the volume up. If you want the push of a stack, you're going to need to connect it to a cab.

At a low volume it can sound kind of digital and meh, but once you start rolling the master volume up to a decent level on them, they sound great, and they do an amazing job of recreating the amps they are modelling, with a twist of their own. I know a bunch of people who use them live, not just for convenience, but because they legitimately sound awesome.

I just wish that the Fender Deluxe model on it were better, it's one of my favourite amps in real life and the model sounds crappy. It's the ONLY weak point of the amp in my opinion.
                    Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
                    I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
                    Andrew - None

Comment

Working...
                    X