X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Had a fun time playing "amp tech" last night

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
    might buy a ceriatone 2555?
    From what I have heard, Ceriatone makes good stuff. You get dinged pretty hard on the shipping, though. They are in Malaysia, so you pay a ton shipping transformers. I'd buy a Weber kit, myself, but I've dealt with them. I don't love their boards, but they work just fine. Being really close by helps a bit too.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
    Originally posted by Securb
    The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

yeah I dunno if the 2550 or 2555 is something I'd want a clone of, but maybe. The jubilees and slash amps have such a cool marshall sound thats a little deeper and grittier. But yeah they are $$.
      Clones don't have as much resale value, and the real thing looks MUCH cooler... but I'm after a reliable good rock and hard rock tone at a good price so i wonder what the best road is cuz the ceriatone is cheaper and point to point

I've also wanted to build a small tweed amp sometime but I'm finding out there's a lot to learn about amps and I don't have as much time as I used to. also my DRRI is doing a good job at coving my fender tone needs.

in any case, yes PCB is frustrating and I have a crappy soldering iron which doesn't help

Comment

Originally posted by glassman View Post
        For the record...when a screen resistor fails (opens) it, for all practical purposes, shuts off that tube.
        Ive got one amp where one tube is redplateing. This might be cause I wired the on/off switch in incorrectly? Might it be a screen resistor on that tube that redplates?
        "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Have you looked into L'il Dawg amps? Amazing build quality, hand made in the US, and great pricing!
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
            Have you looked into L'il Dawg amps? Amazing build quality, hand made in the US, and great pricing!
            cool thanks those are good prices! have you had any personal experience with them yet?

Comment

Yes, I had Jim build me a Champ clone. I
              love it! Came to $700 with my options. I got the head, will post pics when I am on an actual computer.

Jim is a great guy, too.

I got the amp in February of this year.
              Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
              My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

i wouldn't mind just a stock champ clone someday. I think fender's price is about $200 or $300 high for a little student/practice amp

Comment

Working...
                X