banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a very nice '95 Fender Blues Jr Worth???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a very nice '95 Fender Blues Jr Worth???

I just acquired a couple more amps and I really no longer use, or have room for an old Blues Jr. I've been using as a practice amp.

Only two mods to amp - (1) changed reverb insertion point to before volume control. (2) reduced bias a little bit to preserve tube life and the life of the circuit board the tube sockets are mounted on. Fender had this amp operating way past EL84 specs and I got tired of having to resolder power tube sockets on circuit board every couple of years due to excessive heat. These two mods cleaned up the reverb and increased longevity/reliability of the power tubes and amp. I did these mods in 2004 and have not had to reflow solder joints on tube sockets since.

Amp is in really nice shape having lived in my rec-room for 18 years (I'm original owner).

Not a lot of old Blues Jr's on EBay's completed listings, but the one's I have seen vary dramatically in price.

I'm thinking that amp should be worth around $500.00 - since it's a made in the USA model. Is this a good ballpark place to start???

Re: What is a very nice '95 Fender Blues Jr Worth???

It looks like they are going for about $300 to $350. You might ask for a bit more but that looks like what they are going for.
    "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Yep, asking price is $300 to $350 in this area, BUT they're not moving.

Comment

The thing about USA made blues juniors/hotrods/blues deluxes/bassman reissues/devilles is that they are no different really from the mexican made ones in terms of quality. The newer versions arguably sound better because they have addressed some of the issues of the earlier models (ie speakers and other components). In addition to that, the PCB construction and plastic input jacks and board mounted pots are neither long lasting, particularly reliable or easy to repair. These are nothing like the older USA made fenders of even the silverface era in terms of construction or quality componentry. So unfortunately, you will be hard pressed to get a good price based on year and country of origin when potential buyers will be comparing it to a brand new amp covered by warranty.
        "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
        Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

They sell used all day for $300, so that's about what you'll get.

If you want more value out of it, place an ad looking for trades. You may get lucky and be offered something that sells for more than $300........either a decent guitar or higher powered amp that's too loud for someone.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I have to concur with the estimates .... unfortunately, there's not much incentive for someone to pay a new price for an older BJ.

they're great amps though -- my old blonde one is my go-to amp, and it seems like I see more folks incorporating one into their stage rigs

incidently, the Fender Discussion Page might be a good place to get a second opinion:
            Last edited by Curly; 06-30-2013, 08:33 PM.
            "music heals"
            facebook

Comment

The fact that you modded it $300 if your lucky.

Comment

I have a USA DeVille 212, and I'm asking about $400 for it. No mods, all original.

Now that it's coming up on 20 years old I'm thinking about keeping it because one day it'll stop being "old" and start being "vintage"

I wouldn't pay more than $300 for a BJ.
                my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Newer ones are much too bright for me, and the stock speaker is just fine. Where the reverb was inserted into the circuit on the original design was a problem, but that was easily addressed. The Mexican built units had bad filter caps that leak, after the warranty has expired of course. The problem was many people bought a "blues" Jr as an entry level tube amp that they wanted to use for something besides playing the "blues" and Fender gave the market what they were looking for, but the essence of the original has slowly been eroded for versatility. Also, it's worst problem has never been addressed, and that is the tubes bake the board that the tube sockets are mounted on. BTW - mine sold for $450 in Kansas City and is going strong gigging two weekends a month - plastic tone controls and all.....

Comment

i would also agree with $300 - I used to have a Blues Junior and got rid of it for a super champ x2, which sounds just as good if not better than my blues junior did.

as Mr. Clean noted "the tubes bake the board that the tube sockets are mounted on." - yep - had to have that fixed

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
                      Sig'd
                      Originally posted by ImmortalSix

Comment

no room for a blues junior?? its nice and small and portable

Comment

Originally posted by jimijames View Post
                          Sig'd
                          Haha, whoops
                          my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Uness you need the money, keep it. Great little amps. I just bought a DRRI but i am not getting rid of my blues jnr
                            Originally posted by Empty Pockets
                            yngwie sounds like an orchestra of cartoon bees.

Comment

Working...
                            X