banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best distortion pedal I have ever used NPD! Vox!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best distortion pedal I have ever used NPD! Vox!

so I don't have it yet, but on hold till I get it friday. I went to a big music store about half hour from my house and found a used Vox Bulldog distortion tube pedal for 169 so I tried it out with several guitars into a vox ac15 and Orange rockerverb. The sound was that lively thick great high gain sound I have loved about my brothers Ibane tube king for so long.

The sound is thick and there is 2 different modes that are foot switchable one being more scooped one being more mid heavy and thicker, both useful

Will post a soundclip I think once I get it friday!

anyone else use tube drive pedals ? they always seem to have more OOMPH

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vox cooltron Bulldog.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	5830499
    Guitar- Fender Starcaster/Ibanez Artist in CGCGCC tuning
    Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
    Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Re: Best distortion pedal I have ever used NPD! Vox!

Those Cooltron pedals never seemed very popular and people seem to be canning the new VOX pedals based on this (rather than trying them) so its good to hear someone with positive experiences. I've always been interested by the Over the Top Boost and the VibraVox being a big fan of both Top Boost AC30's and the trem and vibrato circuits within them.
    Gondola Kid
    Bandcamp
    Facebook
    JimijaymesGuitarist
    Youtube

Comment

yeah these Vox pedals are really cool, they run the 12au7 at low voltage or something I was reading opposed to high voltage.. it sounded amazing
      Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
      Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Comment

I had a brit boost for a while from the cooltron series, it was a really great pedal.
        Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
        Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

yeah I never heard of these pedals my brother was actually trying out a new guitar he is buying and decided to use that used Vox pedal with the amps in the sound proof room and I loved how it sounded so much that I had to put it on hold... I'm selling some other gear and picking it up friday. Happy thanksgiving to myself!

Comment

I have a Duncan Twin Tube Classic which I really love. I've heard a lot of bad things about its reliability, but I've had mine for four years and it still sounds amazing and works perfectly.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

How long do the tubes last in these types of pedals anyways ? I'm getting this Vox used

Comment

Got the pedal today WOOO it cranked through my YBA-1 1966 by Traynor and greenback cab rips!! very clear but not harsh just as I was hoping! I will post sound clips if I borrow my drummers tascam

Comment

Working...
                X