And i thought I like FUZZ . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And i thought I like FUZZ . . .

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Wonder what the total value of all this could be !
    Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Re: And i thought I like FUZZ . . .

Impressive but repetitive...

Comment

Am I alone in wanting to hear them all on at once?
      Originally posted by Aceman
      It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Surgeon View Post
        Impressive but repetitive...
        Maybe...maybe not!
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

someone's investing, looks like.
          Originally posted by Funkfingers
          Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

that's a lot of benders in one room. Wonder if he ever plays twister with them.

Now i have to rant....its rich collectors who feel the need to hoard stuff more stuff than they could possibly ever need for gigging or recording that make vintage gear impossibly expensive for regular working musos. Ok rant over.
            "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
            Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

That's a lot of hair. I don't think I would ever have that many pedals.
              Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
              Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
              Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
              Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
              Line 6 Helix
              Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

I am partially impressed, and largely disgusted by that hoard.
                Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
                  Am I alone in wanting to hear them all on at once?

Nope. First thing i thought when i saw them, haha
                  "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
                    Now i have to rant....its rich collectors who feel the need to hoard stuff more stuff than they could possibly ever need for gigging or recording that make vintage gear impossibly expensive for regular working musos. Ok rant over.
                    I understand and agree on many levels.

The few bonafide collectors I have met are not rich though. Some are downright van dwellers. LOL. Most are just infinitely passionate about 'something'. Star Wars, comic books, rugs, certain gear etc. They do the leg work with enthusiasm and dedication. These collections often take-20-30 years to acquire. They hunt, they save, scrape, research, document, trade and buy one piece at a time. They develop the documentation and books and info to help validate and authenticate the vintage market or whichever market they are involved in. Collectors don't consider it 'hoarding'. I don't know how you can build a collection without collecting.

Its true what you said. Its also a double edge sword IMO. Collectors raise the value of whatever it is they collect, but if it wasn't for them collecting there would be no market or culture. It would just be 'old' gear. Supply, demand, perceived value. Usual suspects.
                    Rodney Gene Junior - My Artist Page And Gear Affiliations Austin Texas

Comment

I showed the picture to another guitarist at work and he uttered the single work db, and he wasn't talking about decibels. I concur.

Comment

why would anyone need that many benders.... some blues lawyers have too much money and not enough talent
                        Guitar- Fender Starcaster/Ibanez Artist in CGCGCC tuning
                        Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
                        Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Comment

...and for the cost of one of those vintage models, you could buy enough guts for 20 of them. Germanium and everything.
                          Originally posted by Funkfingers
                          Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney Gene View Post
                            I understand and agree on many levels.

The few bonafide collectors I have met are not rich though. Some are downright van dwellers. LOL. Most are just infinitely passionate about 'something'. Star Wars, comic books, rugs, certain gear etc. They do the leg work with enthusiasm and dedication. These collections often take-20-30 years to acquire. They hunt, they save, scrape, research, document, trade and buy one piece at a time. They develop the documentation and books and info to help validate and authenticate the vintage market or whichever market they are involved in. Collectors don't consider it 'hoarding'. I don't know how you can build a collection without collecting.

Its true what you said. Its also a double edge sword IMO. Collectors raise the value of whatever it is they collect, but if it wasn't for them collecting there would be no market or culture. It would just be 'old' gear. Supply, demand, perceived value. Usual suspects.
                            This... Sometimes what people collect doesn't have any real value, and sometimes it does. In my line of work (selling reptiles lol) it's easy to see who is in it for the cash and who is genuine and has passion for what they do. I for example have a rather large collection of Okeetee cornsnakes... cheap compared to many other snakes ($40 for a nice baby), but I get just as excited at the sight of a gorgeous cheap corn as I do when I see a Marshall Stack... we love what we love. I also have a small obsession for old MXR pedals and hunt for them. Old stuff smells cool too.
                            Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Working...
                            X