Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mullards

Originally posted by dr.barlo View Post
    Cool. Thanks. That's exactly my info as well... I am currently using a pair of JJEL84's (and have a pair of spares again JJEL84's) for my Blues Jr. They are not bad, but not great as well. And to be frank, I am not a fan of EL84's anyway... Still, I want to try them TungSol's or Mullards. I did not care for EHX's and the stock Groove Tubes.

B
    Definitely give the Mullards a try, tonally much sweeter than the JJs. But headroom will be reduced. No clue yet how durable comparitively, wbich is the good thing about the JJs.
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Re: Mullards

Originally posted by dr.barlo View Post
      Weird...

Mine is a MIA Blues Jr. 1998. Is it a Blues Jr. v. 0?

Really... It got brighter when it moved across the border, and changed the color of the board from green to cream. But that wasn't enough I suppose... They are making it brighter and brighter... I think them testers at Fender should have lost their hearing you know. The first hearing loss concerns the highs, as far as I know.

B
      Yeah, who knows....

I've always liked things a little brighter, myself, so that's probably why my BJr II sounds dark to me.
      Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

Working...
      X