Boss DD-20 vs DD-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss DD-20 vs DD-7

I know they're not fancy boutique pedals, but, I bought a Boss DD-20 to replace / upgrade from my DD-7. Maybe I'm crazy, or I just need to tweak more, but I feel like despite all the extra features, the DD-20 doesn't sound as good or as clear as the settings on my DD-7.

Does anyone else feel that the DD-20 is kind of murky or weak sounding compared to other delays?

Re: Boss DD-20 vs DD-7

Not at all - I go back and forth between an El Capistan and DD20.

It does not beat a Fulltone TTE, but considering convenience the DD20 rocks!

Comment

DD-20; Murky? Weak? Whatever...it's programmable!

And I've only played one a couple times, but I didn't think that.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I haven't tried a DD-7, but have used a ton of delays over the last 30 years.....from vintage tape echo's to the first analog pedals to the first digital pedals to recent. I've had a DD-20 for some time find it to be quite clear.

The main thing is we all have our own tonal preferences and we all hear things a bit different from others. Plus, when you use something for a while, you get used to how it sounds and how it behaves. I've found great tonal bliss in a few cheap pedals many hate and also got rid of several pedals that were highly rated and gushed over. You may have to get another DD-7 and let the DD-20 go. Nothing wrong with that and you are not crazy!!! Life is too short.....you know what you like and what works for you. Good luck!

Comment

If I remember correctly the DD-7 is newer technology than the DD-20.

That said, certain settings on the DD-20 are meant to sound murky. Analogue and Tape come to mind. You'll have to use the digital setting if you want bright and clear repeats.
          Last edited by some_dude; 10-19-2013, 09:55 PM.
          || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Originally posted by wickenspoet View Post
            I know they're not fancy boutique pedals, but, I bought a Boss DD-20 to replace / upgrade from my DD-7. Maybe I'm crazy, or I just need to tweak more, but I feel like despite all the extra features, the DD-20 doesn't sound as good or as clear as the settings on my DD-7.

Does anyone else feel that the DD-20 is kind of murky or weak sounding compared to other delays?
            What is it that you're hearing or not hearing? Be precise. Are there certain modes you're using?

I've had a couple of delay pedals: EH Memory Toy, Boss DD-6, Boss DD-20, TC Electronic Flashback and now I rely on my TC Electronic Nova Delay.

The DD-20 is not as clear as the Nova Delay... not in the slightest but that sound is the boss "sound"... do you still have the other pedal? Plug one into the other and A/B them.

Comment

From what I glanced online, the DD-20 was released in 2005 and the DD-7 in 2008. Just FYI.

Comment

I believe the DD-3 is an extremely pristine digital delay.
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                X