NPD #1 ~ KOT is here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD #1 ~ KOT is here!

Got my King of Tone in the mail yesterday. Again, Mike is among the best in service and his rep is well deserved. Ordered Wed and was here Sat. I even waited 2 months to order after my name came and still delivered fast!

Initial impressions: really does sound like it's not on and I turned the amp knobs. Spooky really. Can easily be used as a boost for my chugga chugga stuff, but it is AMAZING into a slighty dirty or warm clean amp...

Lots more to play with, but it ain't going anywhere.

I still like my FD2, but this is a different beast... And it's purple.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Re: NPD #1 ~ KOT is here!

Congrads!!!

The KoT is one of the best OD's in decades IMO.

Spend some time with it then really get into the tweaking...the KoT has a lot of tones in it!

Which options did you get??
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

BTW...the title of the thread...NPD #1...is there a #2 inbound??
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I got high gain the high gain added to both sides. That was it. I've tried both the od and distortion on the red side and it really is quite amazing how close it gets to the feel and sound of my amp.

I almost have to remind myself it's on!

And yes, I have the 20th anniversary Fulltone Fulldrive 3 inbound as well!
        Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Cool deal...I sent mine in for higher gain on both sides as soon as it was developed. I'm quite happy with it!

I was on the list for a FD3 but I passed....

Comment

I really have enjoyed my fulldrive 2, so I figured having one a lil smaller, with an independant boost and voiced a lil' different would be cool. I'm quickly falling for this KoT though. Totally different beasts for sure.

Comment

Working...
            X