NAD Mesa Boogie 5:50 Express

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD Mesa Boogie 5:50 Express

so I wound up financing a new gigging amp for smaller gigs and at home playing and decided to get the 5:50 by Mesa Boogie for its size and weight and power.

I plugged it in and WOW the cleans are round and amazing just like my Traynor YBA-1. I kicked on my Big muff and then my vox bulldog distortion and they sound big and beefy through this small 1x12. I increased the contour knob (not really sure what this knob actually does) and it made the amp sound big and room filling even at medium volume.

Could not be happier as this amp is replacing a Deville 2x12 and a Bugera 6262 which both did not suit my setup at all.

I have owned a Lonestar Special before and really liked it but not enough to keep it , this amp on the other hand has the sound of my Traynor stack just in a smaller package... could not ask for more right now!

Click image for larger version

Name:	PicsArt_1382453019199.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	5830594
    Guitar- Fender Starcaster/Ibanez Artist in CGCGCC tuning
    Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
    Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Re: NAD Mesa Boogie 5:50 Express

Nice. I had one next to my Mark V combo for a couple of months and liked the clean channel better on the Express 5:50. I also thought the Express 5:50 crunch channel was a little better than the Mark V crunch mode.

Comment

That's a really cool amp that does double duty: gig and home. I've often thought about getting one.
      Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
      Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

GREAT ****in' amp! The 25 watter "Plus" model is now my main amp. It was a tough choice between it and the 50 watter. Congratulations.
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        Yogi Berra was correct.
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Enjoy man! They are great amps.
          Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
          Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

thanks guys !! I took it to rehearsal last night and WOW... it made my big muff cut through for the first time ever at a rehearsal or gig and the contour knob added a 4x12 bass response to this little amp it was actually shocking

I love this mesa I carried it about a block without straining myself too much either its pretty light for a Mesa
            Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
            Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Comment

Those are killer amps, and being able to switch down to 5W (still too loud for my home, unfortunately) is a big thing. Great choice.
              Band: www.colouredanimal.com
              Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
              Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
                GREAT ****in' amp! The 25 watter "Plus" model is now my main amp. It was a tough choice between it and the 50 watter. Congratulations.
                That I'd like to hear if you could do a clip or two. I keep looking...
                Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
                  yeah I looked at the 5:25 but I figured I misewell get the most headroom as I can get as I use pedals for dirt and don't really dig EL84s anymore

Comment

Yay!!!

'Grats!

"Scalloped & Stickered"
                    A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Working...
                    X