Volto... pretty slick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volto... pretty slick

I just got my Nano all wired up. I must say, this is a pretty handy little contraption.

After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Re: Volto... pretty slick

The only reason I wouldn't get a Volto for my small board (big board draws too much current) is that I'd almost certainly forget to charge it.

If you're not a forgetful dorkus like me, it's probably a great thing.
    Band: www.colouredanimal.com
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
    Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
      The only reason I wouldn't get a Volto for my small board (big board draws too much current) is that I'd almost certainly forget to charge it.

If you're not a forgetful dorkus like me, it's probably a great thing.
      Just charge it in the car on your way to the show

Comment

I could see these being really useful for avoiding ground gremlins, especially when using stereo rigs or in places with crappy electrical wiring.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
          I could see these being really useful for avoiding ground gremlins, especially when using stereo rigs or in places with crappy electrical wiring.
          I have a nano powered by a 1 Spot, and that's the only reason I would pick up a Volto. Other than that it's not reqlly worth the extra $60 over the 1 Spot.
          Custom neck-thru strat
          1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
          1995 PRS CE24
          D'avanzo #8
          Breedlove Solo Concert
          1996 USA Dean Baby Z
          1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
          1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
          Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
            I have a nano powered by a 1 Spot, and that's the only reason I would pick up a Volto. Other than that it's not reqlly worth the extra $60 over the 1 Spot.
            I can see that. Thankfully it only cost me $50

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
              True. Their other great use is venues that don't have front-of-stage power outlets (which in my experience is most of them).
              Band: www.colouredanimal.com
              Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
              Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

How do you like the mini hof? I didn't even notice it the first time I looked at this thread.
                Custom neck-thru strat
                1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                1995 PRS CE24
                D'avanzo #8
                Breedlove Solo Concert
                1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
                  True. Their other great use is venues that don't have front-of-stage power outlets (which in my experience is most of them).
                  I hate that, and it's almost everywhere. I always have a 15 foot surge protector in my gig bag for exactly that purpose. It's come in handy many many times.
                  Go Packers!

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
                    How do you like the mini hof? I didn't even notice it the first time I looked at this thread.
                    It seems cool so far. I don't need super fancy reverb for the pop gigs I use this board for. That said, the Toneprint editor makes this thing more versatile than I'd expected. Right now I have a Hall toneprint loaded that goes from low mix/short decay at one end, up to 100% wet/long decay at the other. I'll probably throw a big "Supa Trem" type knob on it so I can easily turn it with my foot.

You can assign 3 variables to the knob sweep, so I chose mix/decay/killdry (off until 3 o'clock on the knob, then turns on). I haven't had a chance to tweak any more since, but the editor is the key to this thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X