THE best lunchbox tube amp ever???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE best lunchbox tube amp ever???

Ok ok, I may be over selling it a bit. This Fryette GP/DI lunchbox amp is still in the development/prototype phase. That said, the features of this low power, direct recording amp look amazing! It definitely appears to be offering something most other lunchbox amps don't. Best of all, it's pre-order price is only $500, much less than other boutique lunchbox amps.

The features that have me excited about this small 2u Fryette amp are that you start off with a Deliverance tube preamp with increased gain and EQ control. Then add a 1-watt tube power amp. On top of that, it has a DI box built-in as well as a cab simulator with control over the EQ on the cab simulator. Also, has a built-in loadbox so you can play without a cabinet hooked up, direct into a recording device or headphones. And to top it all off, it has a preamp out so you can plug it into a high-powered power amp for shows.

It's a lunchbox amp for late night jamming, direct console recording, as well as a live concert preamp. Just from the features, this thing should scream. Add in the reputation of Steve Fryette and this thing WILL scream!

Anyway, Fryette Amps is putting this project on Kickstarter with an introductory price that's $100 less than street price will be. When it hits $60k total funding, the amp goes into production. Just thought I'd share my excitement for this future lunchbox amp.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-recording-amp
    Last edited by speed2dirt; 10-24-2013, 01:14 AM.

Re: THE best lunchbox tube amp ever???

Page Hamilton from Helmet with the prototype:

Comment

My fave is the Traynor Darkhorse but this one looks awesome !! I love lunchbox amps and mixing and matching heads with my greenback cab
      Guitar- Fender Starcaster/Ibanez Artist in CGCGCC tuning
      Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
      Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Comment

the specs read like one of my dream devices - some of those sound clips rub me wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
          the specs read like one of my dream devices - some of those sound clips rub me wrong though.
          I completely agree. The specs alone have me all excited, plus the price isn't half bad. I've been wanting a Deliverance for awhile but don't need a 60/100-watt beast, so this seems like a perfect solution for me. That said, I'm not super impressed by some of the videos. I think the Page Hamilton one sounds great for Helmet's tone, but I would never dial that tone up. The other video with Joe Gamble shows its versatility, which is cool, but again not the tone-style I'd go for. There is another video that shows the high gain tone, but they use a ES-335 with Tim Shaw PAFs. I think they want to impress you with what they're doing with it rather than using an optimum setup that would nail the tone we all want to hear. That said, I'm almost positive it's the videos they're doing and how they're dialing this amp up rather than the amp itself. I'll let you guys know in March when the amp arrives, assuming this project gets funded. I've already placed my pledge for one of these bad boys!

Comment

They just keep getting better! I wish I could afford a bunch of them. I really like a bunch. I wanted a Rev jr when they came out. I had a Jet city when it came out and really liked it. it was just alittle bit too much of a one trick pony and I ended up needing the money for a family crises. so, returned it. Id love to have a 5150 III mini. I wouldnt mind a mini recto, I like what Im hearing of the Randall Diavlo, this one and the new Engl and I think a coupla others! haha
            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I just saw this today. It sounds amazing with those p90's, but it's way out of my reach at the moment:

Comment

does it sound super compressed to anyone else?
                Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken Bowling View Post
                  I just saw this today. It sounds amazing with those p90's, but it's way out of my reach at the moment:
                  He can play a bit...
                  Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Fryette uploaded a video showing it's reamping capabilities:

Comment

Working...
                    X