Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Crybaby Bonamassa....

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
    nah its the same price as most dunlops. it pretty cool. i actually cant work out why people buy the sig model (or standard) dunlop wahs when you can get all their sounds in this one.
    I had a CAE wah. I messed with that pedal endlessly.

So, for some of us, simple is better in a wah.

Comment

Do any of the aforementioned ways play nice with a fuzz face? (Or do they all require a buffer to function well?)
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

nah its the same price as most dunlops. it pretty cool. i actually cant work out why people buy the sig model (or standard) dunlop wahs when you can get all their sounds in this one.
        Is that really true? Could I really get a Crybaby Classic (fassel) tone and a Slash signature and a Cantrell sig etc with this one wah? If so it seems dramatically under priced! Do you own a CAE?

Originally posted by RealtyViking View Post
        I had a CAE wah. I messed with that pedal endlessly.

So, for some of us, simple is better in a wah.
        Thats kinda my concern with this and the 535Q...I'm bad enough with modelling gear!

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
        Do any of the aforementioned ways play nice with a fuzz face? (Or do they all require a buffer to function well?)
        According to the official blurb and a Bonamassa interview I saw on youtube, this is specifically designed to work well with that kind of pedal (particularly in factory set non true-bypass mode). JB after all has a copper fuzz face sig to match.

Comment

The Bonamassa has a fuzz buffer built in. I personally don't think it works quote as well as my Wilson Signature wah's buffer but it is a buffer and it does work.
          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by tinman1 View Post
            Is that really true? Could I really get a Crybaby Classic (fassel) tone and a Slash signature and a Cantrell sig etc with this one wah? If so it seems dramatically under priced! Do you own a CAE?
            IMHO, no...the MXR/CAE wah is versatile and does do a bunch of different sounds and some of them might even be very close, even the same as some other wahs but don't think that the CAE wah is a Bonamassa, Hendrix, Cantrell, BUddy GUy, etc all in one wah...if it was Dunlop would only make one wah!

Thats kinda my concern with this and the 535Q...I'm bad enough with modelling gear!
            It's a fine wah even if you don't like to tweak but if you're not a tweaker a more simple wah might be more your style

According to the official blurb and a Bonamassa interview I saw on youtube, this is specifically designed to work well with that kind of pedal (particularly in factory set non true-bypass mode). JB after all has a copper fuzz face sig to match.
            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Ok chaps thanks for your input.

In the end I've decided to go a simpler/ cheaper route and gone with the Crybaby Classic (fassel version).

I liked the Slash variant of this so I'm expecting to prefer the slightly higher voicing for a more traditional wah tone.

Wish me luck!

Comment

Ain't they purty? I need to take the same kind of picture with my Jimi wah and Fuzz Face. I have the Eric Johnson Fuzz Face as well.

Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I own a CAE wah partly due to Gibsons recommendation. I will say it's a very useful and versatile wah. I personally like the two settings because depending on the room or guitar or amp one setting might sound better then the other. I bought mine used off of The Gear Page Forum for like 125$.
                  Originally posted by KBliss
                  WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
                  Originally posted by trevorus
                  The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
                    The Bonamassa has a fuzz buffer built in. I personally don't think it works quote as well as my Wilson Signature wah's buffer but it is a buffer and it does work.
                    OK. I've read some reviews that the JB fuzz and JB Wah don't play nice. (My Teese RMC-3's buffer works awesome with all my fuzzes, but the Vox not nearly as well)

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                    Ain't they purty? I need to take the same kind of picture with my Jimi wah and Fuzz Face. I have the Eric Johnson Fuzz Face as well.

That pic never gets old, I love it! (I'd love to set it up to photograph here! )
                    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

OK. I've read some reviews that the JB fuzz and JB Wah don't play nice. (My Teese RMC-3's buffer works awesome with all my fuzzes, but the Vox not nearly as well)
                      What Vox? Does it have a fuzz buffer??

The Bona Wah does have a buffer...you can hear it cut through the fuzz and that nasty feedback you get with a non buffered wah and a high gain fuzz isn't an issue but the Bona wah doesn't see to cut through as well as my RMC wah did or as well as my Wilson wah does...

I almost wonder if the buffer in the Bona wah is set up for the Bona Fuzz Face...the Bona Fuzz Face is VERY low gain so the buffer in the wah might be tweaked for the matching Fuzz Face...

Comment

It's the 847, no buffer. Similar results with the standard Crybaby as well.

I think I owe you a review of the Bonamassa Fuzz Face as well... But yes, pretty low gain.
                        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I want a Bona FF but I just want it for the shell...the time I plugged into one I was left wondering what all the fuss was about.

If it works for Joe or anybody else thats fine but for me it didn't impress...however I do think that the copper version looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by jpage View Post
                            Another vote for the MXR, but IMO you should be able to get pretty good tones out of an Vox 847.
                            Im sure its just operator error..

cool!
                            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
                              I want a Bona FF but I just want it for the shell...the time I plugged into one I was left wondering what all the fuss was about.

If it works for Joe or anybody else thats fine but for me it didn't impress...however I do think that the copper version looks great!
                              I honestly like the Jimi Fuzz Face the most out of the three. To me, it's more of a definitive FF sound as characterized by Jimi. The JB FF is a little more OD meets thick mild fuzz......sometimes it translates as more musical. I just max it out and ride the guitar volume.

The Eric Johnson Fuzz is something I need to spend more time with, as the splattery thing is cool but harder to harness in a musical way.
                              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                                I honestly like the Jimi Fuzz Face the most out of the three. To me, it's more of a definitive FF sound as characterized by Jimi. The JB FF is a little more OD meets thick mild fuzz......sometimes it translates as more musical. I just max it out and ride the guitar volume.

The Eric Johnson Fuzz is something I need to spend more time with, as the splattery thing is cool but harder to harness in a musical way.
                                The JH is the more typical FF of the three, no doubt.

The JB is VERY low gain and sort of something that Joe stubbled onto via Jeorge Tripps.

The EJ is tailor made for a a Strat, a cranked plexi and the rest of EJ's rig and playing style, a very purpose built fuzz.

The thing about a FF is that they are very versatile once the end user figures them out but both the JB and EJ have been turned into sort of one trick pony units.

Comment

Working...
                                X