No announcement yet.

Need Help w/ Pedal-Noise in a Mesa Roadster (even w/ ISP Decimator) - Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need Help w/ Pedal-Noise in a Mesa Roadster (even w/ ISP Decimator) - Pics

Its good that you realize you are dealing with TONS OF NOISE!!!

here are my friendly suggestions:

1) reconfigure your noisegate. Mine is set for two loops: one to reduce pickup noise from the guitar, and one to reduce pedal noise. there are two loops, it has been written many times about the gstring decimator about this and is in the manual.

3) use top of the line electricity purifiers from Furman

4) determine the source of the noise: if it is a pedal etc you gotta figure this out

5) if you need more distortion then consider amps and pedals with builtin noisegate

I dig dirt! my fuzz pedal is pretty noisy when I silence the pedals, I adjust my guitar's volume knob, the pedal knobs, amp knobs for whatever tone I am seeking. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by everdrone View Post
      Its good that you realize you are dealing with TONS OF NOISE!!!

here are my friendly suggestions:

1) reconfigure your noisegate. Mine is set for two loops: one to reduce pickup noise from the guitar, and one to reduce pedal noise. there are two loops, it has been written many times about the gstring decimator about this and is in the manual.

3) use top of the line electricity purifiers from Furman

4) determine the source of the noise: if it is a pedal etc you gotta figure this out

5) if you need more distortion then consider amps and pedals with builtin noisegate

I dig dirt! my fuzz pedal is pretty noisy when I silence the pedals, I adjust my guitar's volume knob, the pedal knobs, amp knobs for whatever tone I am seeking. Cheers
      Solid advise, man. I appreciate the input! I'll work on your suggestions and see what kind of mayhem I can produce.

Niloy

ps - always good to see a fellow Texan in here!
      Some recordings from my college days a few years ago: http://www.soundcloud.com/mytochon
      "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." -Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Another Texan...for 10 years only! LOL.

Hey, your effects chain was spot on. Wah first-then Comp. Just as you had it stated in the OP. ODs generally do come after comps, but if you use a rhythm OD, it works well before the comp though there is no fast rule. BTW, what hasn't been mentioned is that the CS-3 is just a noisy pedal in general. One of the noisiest. It is very evident when you have 3-4 comps to compare with. It adds noise when it is on (despite the natural noise increase of all compressors) it is a real 'squeezer' non transparent comp. When yo get any controls up past 4-5 it can get serious! Mine is a vintage from the 80's and it is brutal, but I can get away with it because my gain levels are low in the rig I have it in. Genuinely, if you want squeeze and transient control without noise, look into a Wampler Ego or the like. Cheers! respect, RG
        Rodney Gene Junior - My Artist Page And Gear Affiliations Austin Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney Gene View Post
          Another Texan...for 10 years only! LOL.

Hey, your effects chain was spot on. Wah first-then Comp. Just as you had it stated in the OP. ODs generally do come after comps, but if you use a rhythm OD, it works well before the comp though there is no fast rule. BTW, what hasn't been mentioned is that the CS-3 is just a noisy pedal in general. One of the noisiest. It is very evident when you have 3-4 comps to compare with. It adds noise when it is on (despite the natural noise increase of all compressors) it is a real 'squeezer' non transparent comp. When yo get any controls up past 4-5 it can get serious! Mine is a vintage from the 80's and it is brutal, but I can get away with it because my gain levels are low in the rig I have it in. Genuinely, if you want squeeze and transient control without noise, look into a Wampler Ego or the like. Cheers! respect, RG
          Ah ha! Whether for 10 years or 10 minutes, a Texan is still a Texan. I better keep the whole Texas-routine down before the entire board thinks we're a bunch of conglomerating elitists!

Thanks for the heads up, RG! Do you think there's a mod'ing service out there for the excess noise associated with the CS-3? If everdone's suggestions don't pan out, I may have to look into new pedals like you suggested. I've never tried a Wampler pedal before... don't know much about them other than they produce pedals. Perhaps I should go do some more research before I open my trap about it! I tend to suffer from foot-in-mouth disease this time of year. LOL
          Some recordings from my college days a few years ago: http://www.soundcloud.com/mytochon
          "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." -Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Working...
          X