NCD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCD

Well it took a few weeks, but the 2x12" has finally arrived from Dubai. It's a Hayden cab, which I gather has Eminence speakers in it, though I've yet to drop the back off it to confirm exactly what they are. A very quick look suggests it's nicely made, closed back, with solid handle set into either end, making it relatively easy to carry.

I plugged in the SE5a 5w for no more than 2 minutes and it works (good start I thought). Initial impressions are that it's darker sounding than the G12-75T I've been running through for years. Bear in mind though, that I changed absolutely no settings as I plugged in. I'll play with the tone stack later and see how it reacts to that. I'm also working on the idea that straight out of the box, it's going to be pretty stiff and will require a a good few hours on it to loosen it up. What I'm not sure is how I should expect it too change; brighter/darker? Not a clue, but we'll see.

I'll get a picture done later, if you really need to see a black rectangular cuboid of indeterminate mass...
    Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Re: NCD

Originally posted by Chris of Arabia View Post
    I'll get a picture done later, if you really need to see a black rectangular cuboid of indeterminate mass...
    With your photography skills you could take a pic of Miley Cyrus and make her look good, so why not?

HNCD!
    Originally posted by DreX
    Nearly everyone still in this thread should have me on ignore by now. The fact that they don't says everything.
    The only reason anyone describes me as combative is because I don't agree with them and allow them have the last word. Well... too bad.
    There's no substance to anything I have posted.
    Originally posted by Evan_Skopp
    I'm sure that'll be good for a few "likes" from your buddies.

Comment

HNCD Chris, they sure do look like well built cabs. Look forward to your further thoughts.

Comment

Here's the pics then

Click image for larger version

Name:	bf46711a449011e3972d22000aa82023_8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	5772747

Name:	d48600b8449011e3bd0922000a1f9039_8.jpg
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	5772748

Name:	ec561ab6449011e38d1922000aa8037d_8.jpg
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	5772749

So not an Eminence then, or at least not one badged as Eminence. Everything looks solid in there though.
        Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Nice looking cab dude. Hope it sounds as good as it looks.
          I want more me in my tone.

Comment

HNCD! Looks great. Hope you get the tones you want from that bad boy.
            My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
            or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
            http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
            700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

Working...
            X