Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H&K TubeMeister18 and Warehouse Green Beret

For those who wondered/asked...

18w setting, full blast (Master up full, gain at 1 oclock, Mullard in V2, Svet in V1, Mullard 84s. B=Full M=3oclock T=10 oclock). Gibson 335 Studio/57 classic.

Of course the GB is not broken in yet, but for my tastes this thing kills the V30 which IMO is just too nasally for an EL84 amp.

K-TEL presents

SOUNDS OF THE SEVENTIES!

WATCH THE LEVEL AT THE BEGINNING!
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Re: H&K TubeMeister18 and Warehouse Green Beret

Dude, that speaker change is great. Much warmer sounding, and BIGGER. Sounds like you've got a 2x12 going. It still has that grind but it's not so overbearing. Very cool tone.

Comment

Will check this out tonight when I can play it back thru something w actual resolution...
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Greenbacks and clones of are my favorite speaker. Even more so when they are angled towards eachother in a specially designed Traynor cab.... Cuts harsh highs and boosts lows for a massive sound!

That clip sounds great for that classic rock crunch!
        Guitar- Fender Starcaster/Ibanez Artist in CGCGCC tuning
        Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
        Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Comment

Thanks gents.

i will do a better clip once I get some more hours on it. Honestly I think it works even better with the class5. I will try to get that clip up this w/e at some point.
          I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Dude that sounds really good!
            My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
            The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
            Originally posted by CTN
            I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
            FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

Thanks!

Messing around with tubes in the class5. Once I get the best combo, I will get a clip up.

Comment

Holy...not only does the tone sound freaking great, now I have to go play some Rush! I'm thinking of getting the Grandmeister when it comes out. Will definitely play with some tubes the way you did. By the way, which Mullards? The new ones or some old ones? This amp records great. What mic and recording...ut oh, there's some Nugent...hardware/software did you use? Overture...ATTENTION ALL PLANETS OF THE SOLAR FEDERATION...WE HAVE ASSUMED CONTROL! That rocked, bro! Gotta listen again.
                My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
                or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
                http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
                700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

Thank You Kindly!

They are the mullard RI tubes. I used a zoom recorder, it is about a foot off the ground, 3 ft from the cab, off to the left side a foot, pointing at the center of the speaker grill. Just download the file to my computer and upload to soundcloud.

IOW, half ass recording rig.

Comment

Working...
                  X