banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

this looks neat (Traynor disguised as a Plexi)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this looks neat (Traynor disguised as a Plexi)

Re: this looks neat (Traynor disguised as a Plexi)

I am willing to bet that amp will melt faces.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

That's a pretty easy conversion . . . weren't those Traynors already pretty much a Plexi circuit with just a couple slightly different values?
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

not a bad price if so!

Comment

Traynor....DROOOOLL looks great I have the same amp but not converted. Amp absolutely slays with some dirt pedals in front
          Guitar- Fender Starcaster/Ibanez Artist in CGCGCC tuning
          Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
          Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Comment

There's one of those for sale locally, but it was modded by Torres for two channels and spring reverb. The first channel's supposed to be a Fender tone and the second a Marhshall tone. I want it for my guitarist so badly.
            Custom neck-thru strat
            1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
            1995 PRS CE24
            D'avanzo #8
            Breedlove Solo Concert
            1996 USA Dean Baby Z
            1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
            1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
            Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Generally they are a bright cap change, and a volume pot value swap away from sonic nirvana.
              ]
              FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

Ive been a Traynor nut for a long time. Some Traynor guys actually prefer Traynor to the old Plexi.Yes, Traynors wrere based off the old Bassman/plexi JTM. The transformers are are old aged iron, technically better in a hi-fi way to the old Marshlls, but as we all know by now,' hi-fi' isnt guitar,and the Marshall trannys saturate in a much better way for guitar.So yuo'll never have ano ld Traynor to sound exactly like a Plexi, even though you may make the circuit about the same, all the good stuff like plate voltage will be outta whack. Maybe we can get some amp gurus to elaborate.
                I have an old Trayr YBA-1a that I wouldnt part with for the life of me. I dig that it is a hi wattage Bassman clone.Can't lose with that. Yes, a couple of circuit mods and you have a old 50+ watt Bassman, which even if it gets in thew ballpark is awesome .
                "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
                  Ive been a Traynor nut for a long time. Some Traynor guys actually prefer Traynor to the old Plexi.Yes, Traynors wrere based off the old Bassman/plexi JTM. The transformers are are old aged iron, technically better in a hi-fi way to the old Marshlls, but as we all know by now,' hi-fi' isnt guitar,and the Marshall trannys saturate in a much better way for guitar.So yuo'll never have ano ld Traynor to sound exactly like a Plexi, even though you may make the circuit about the same, all the good stuff like plate voltage will be outta whack. Maybe we can get some amp gurus to elaborate.
                  I have an old Trayr YBA-1a that I wouldnt part with for the life of me. I dig that it is a hi wattage Bassman clone.Can't lose with that. Yes, a couple of circuit mods and you have a old 50+ watt Bassman, which even if it gets in thew ballpark is awesome .
                  Yeah if you love cranking your amp for distortion maybe Marshalls are better but I love how the YBA-1 takes fuzz and dirt pedals in comparison to the JTM45
                  Guitar- Fender Starcaster/Ibanez Artist in CGCGCC tuning
                  Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
                  Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Comment

He relisted it with an $80 price drop, but a $20 shipping increase--net $60.
                    My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
                    or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
                    http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
                    700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

Working...
                    X