banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celestion Rocket 50 vs Bugera Vintage voiced speaker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celestion Rocket 50 vs Bugera Vintage voiced speaker.

Okay all I want is for someone to tell me if whether or not I should stock Bugera speakers or stick a set of 4 12" Celestion. Rocket 50s
    (((IN STEREO))) *Where Available*

Re: Celestion Rocket 50 vs Bugera Vintage voiced speaker.

why the rocket 50s?

Comment

Well just that...Are Celestion Rocket 50s worth getting over stock Bugera Vintage voiced speakers? Contemplating on doing this to my Bugera 4x12 cab. Sorry I didn't word it better last night lol.

Comment

I'd say no it's not worth switching to rocket 50 speakers. They are just cheap, low quality speakers and I think they sound aweful.
        You can just do sooooo much better than the rocket 50 if you have to take the time and money to switch.

Do you not like your bugera speakers? What makes you want to change them? What kind of amp and guitar, and what kind of music is it?

Comment

I'm in the middle of switching heads. I just posted up another thread between Fender Mustang V head vs Bugera 333 Infinium head. I noticed that the Mustang amps come with Celestion Rocket 50s and noticed the price on them and thought that might be a good choice no matter what head I chose. You'd think that Celestion wouldn't put their name on a bad product would you? I have a Bugera 4x12 cab. And I love to play basically everything, Rockabilly/Country to Rock/Metal.

Comment

Any speaker I can think of is better than the Rocket 50's. Very cheap sounding. Just about any company has to produce a cheap line so their good line will seem so much more awesome. In this case, any speaker Celestion makes is dramatically better than the Rockets. For sure they are cheap (inexpensive), but not nearly as cheap as the sound quality.

The Bugera Vintage speakers really aren't bad sounding for a stock speaker. Not as good as Swamp Thangs (my favorite spkr) for sure, but pretty decent.

Ignore the brand name on the Rockets and just imagine that they are the stock spkr in a $50 solid state amp. They are definitely NOT an upgrade to any spkr that you may now own.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Save up and buy real speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                Any speaker I can think of is better than the Rocket 50's. Very cheap sounding. Just about any company has to produce a cheap line so their good line will seem so much more awesome. In this case, any speaker Celestion makes is dramatically better than the Rockets. For sure they are cheap (inexpensive), but not nearly as cheap as the sound quality.

The Bugera Vintage speakers really aren't bad sounding for a stock speaker. Not as good as Swamp Thangs (my favorite spkr) for sure, but pretty decent.

Ignore the brand name on the Rockets and just imagine that they are the stock spkr in a $50 solid state amp. They are definitely NOT an upgrade to any spkr that you may now own.
                Agree 100%!

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post

Thanx for the insight!

Comment

Working...
                  X