banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good replacement speaker for Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good replacement speaker for Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue?

I was going to suggest the Swamp Thang. It's a great speaker, and often suggested as a way to beef up a Fender amp.

I wish I could hear a set of Swamp Thangs in a Marshall halfstack. I have a feeling they'd sound just as good in that application. I know it sounds good when I run my gainy Vox modeling head into my Swamp Thang loaded Fender Pro Reverb.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

might loose that fendery clean with a swamp, I do use one in a 6505+ combo and it worked well
      tone slut
      Marshall DSL 40C
      Fender EVH Striped Series
      Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
      Fender Squier Tele Affinity
      Mogami cables

Comment

A 150-watt speaker in a 25-watt amp does matter.... Is he looking for more headroom or does he want a combination of speaker/amp breakup... I concur with the recommendation of the Texas Heat as I like LOTS of headroom and let the pedals do the gain--based work for me... He may want some of his gain to come through the speaker which will be hard pressed since the speaker is WELL over the heat dissipation levels the amp is capable of producing... Another recommendation is a Jensen for that classic sound or a Weber... Something at 30-50 watts will give you plenty of headroom and allow you to get tube saturation along with stomp-box distortion and make the amp sing...

Just my $.002.... I had to adjust for inflation!
        ~ Life In Every Breath~

www.gordonsgroovyguitars.com

Comment

After listening to speaker shootout videos on YouTube, I am really liking the Celestion Vintage 30. But all the samples use a closed back cab vs. an open backed combo like my amp. And I need a speaker that's at least as many watts as my app's output (40 amps). Is there a speaker that's 50 or more watts and when in an open back sounds a lot like a Celestion Vintage 30 in a closed back? I could see the Swamp Thang being a plausible answer to that, what do you think?
          Last edited by Jack_TriPpEr; 01-24-2014, 12:45 AM.
          Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Update: i decided to instead get an Engl - not sure which one yet- but it will replace the Fender BDRI.

Thanks to everyone who pitched in with some good recommendations - there were many.
            Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Working...
            X