Changing tubes questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing tubes questions

So I'm pretty sure the tubes in my mesa Roadking 2 need changed, because I haven't changed them in the ~2 years that I've had and who knows how new the tubes were when I got it.

I've read that the amp is set to a fixed bias and if I buy mesa tubes then I won't have any problems with them. Other than the biasing aspect are there any other problems that I should be worried about?

I'd love to not have to pay a tech for this because the tubes are expensive enough as it is.

Thanks!
    Originally posted by TheLivingDead
    H-S guitars with floyds make me erect.
    Originally posted by jcthejester13
    I'm pretty sure it's like nailing twins. They are identical but feel totally different.

Re: Changing tubes questions

Mesa tubes or order from a supplier that can provide tubes in mesa spec (most do).

Comment

Mesa tubes are definetly an option, but if you want more of a variety to choose from, places like The tube Store & Doug's Tubes will select and match tubes in the proper bias range for your amp. All you have to do is tell them what amo you have.

I've been running a set of Svetlana EL34s that I got from The Tube Store about 6 weeks ago in my Triple Rec. They work great, and they didn't charge any extra for selecting the tubes.
      Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

Awesome. So all I need to is get tubes selected and then replace them in my amp? Sounds pretty simple!
        Originally posted by TheLivingDead
        H-S guitars with floyds make me erect.
        Originally posted by jcthejester13
        I'm pretty sure it's like nailing twins. They are identical but feel totally different.

Comment

Check out Eurotubes.

Comment

Working...
          X