SPARE HEAD QUESTION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SPARE HEAD QUESTION

Or just plug a jack in both send and return jacks and see if the problem presents itself. If not: contact cleaner or just jack replacement time... From my experience, dirty oxydized jacks will lower volume intermittently but not completely cut the sound off though.

Comment

Originally posted by jackson111 View Post
      ok been doing a little more looking anyone have any experience with the orange micro terror head? I see its 20 watts and is only 149.99 from the videos and review I have seen they sound pretty good.
      I keep a Micro Terror in my bag 'just incase' anything happens to the amp I'm using at that gig.

I've only ever had a valve go bad on me once at a gig but this is a decent enough sounding backup incase the worst does happen.

Comment

Ok I will try that, I do run effects in my effect loop and ask the Times it's gone down I have been using effects. I will try cleaning them, I may even pull the chassis out to get better access to the jacks

Sent from my SCH-R530X using Tapatalk

Comment

Seems to be the Powerblocks best use. Back up that fits in your cost pocket. Never down for more than a minute or two.

Originally posted by Securb View Post
          I have a spare head I keep around a Fender M-80 Pro, cheap and great sounding. There was a while when I was thinking about picking up a Crate CPB150 PowerBlock. They are small enough to fit in your gig bag and rock out at 150 watts. All of the reviews I have read give them good points on tone. If I see one at the right price I will probably snag it as an insurance amp I can keep in my gig bag.

Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Originally posted by Surgeon View Post
            Personnaly I wouldn't be able to sell an amp that doesn't work 100% to someone else without explaining thoroughly what the problem is...

Having another tech look at it could be a good idea. Bad solder joint makes sense, I repaired a Peavey classic 30 with some bad joints that were causing intermittent problems. Vibrations from the stage (drums?) could be causing it to fail in these situations and not at home.

Bad karma.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Singers hair. My daughter had a my little pony that would rotate son it's tail hair. When did that become cool? I didn't watch it long enough to see the head rush.

Originally posted by dominus View Post
              One of the things (that I've read) about the Blue Voodoo is that they were paired with cabs that just didn't mesh well. I've been tempted to pick one up just to see how it'll sound with cab IRs. The XXX would also be a decent choice, those come around under $500 often enough. (They're also available in a combo, you might be able to get one cheap.) The 6505+ combo is 60 watts as well, might be worth looking for one of those. I've seen those in the $350 range.

Here's a Blue Voodoo in action:

Sounds decent enough to me. (Yes, that's George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher on vocals.)

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Working...
              X