Solid State Voicing..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solid State Voicing..?

Can I change the Voicing in a SS combo amp in order to get a good tube type clean out of it..?? ..Or..??
    I've heard about Drive Voicing Modules..what all that about?? What Works..and what don't..??

Re: Solid State Voicing..?

Originally posted by PoorOtis View Post
    Can I change the Voicing in a SS combo amp in order to get a good tube type clean out of it..?? ..Or..??
    I've heard about Drive Voicing Modules..what all that about?? What Works..and what don't..??
    You could get a pedal. There's a bunch of pedals that do tube tone.
    Are you talking about low gain, spongy/warm/big ole' hug type of tube tone, or are you talking about crushing hi gain from 6 preamp tubes tone?

I'd say the hardest thing to fake from a tube amp is the power tube coloring of the sound and the soft compression and crunch that can come from pushing them really hard. That and a tube rectifier which sort of loosens attack up a lot. Any sort of distortion or overdrive has been pretty well modeled in pedal form. You can make a Crate SS head sound kind of like a Tweed Bassman, a Marshall JTM45...Diezel/Soldano/Orange/Sunn/etc etc etc, but you're not going to get that "feel" or the note bloom from a loose tube amp from it.
    Originally posted by Funkfingers
    Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Originally posted by PoorOtis View Post
      Manufacturers all over the world have been spending a lot of research and development money over the years trying to find that golden egg.
      A couple of capacitors here and there wont get you a tube amp sound.
      However, you can get a good sound.
      It just depends on what you have and what things about the amps basic tone you'd like to modify.
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
        Manufacturers all over the world have been spending a lot of research and development money over the years trying to find that golden egg.
        A couple of capacitors here and there wont get you a tube amp sound.
        However, you can get a good sound.
        It just depends on what you have and what things about the amps basic tone you'd like to modify.
        I want to try one of the Blackstar IDs. They may hit pretty close.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by Funkfingers
        Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

I found using a Chandler Tube Driver in front of my solid state nails it.

Comment

Working...
          X