Cable question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable question

Hey guys, I would like to update my cables and patch chords to some quality stuff, but don't wantto pay an arm and a leg.

Ideas? Thank you
    -IM

Re: Cable question

Planet waves American stage. I like it better than my lava and bullet cables.
    Crash49 - my music on amazon and itunes
    http://a.co/8ht5Qes

Comment

There's the Bill&Becky cable kit(50ft cable+10 solderless plugs) for $60-80 i think. Its a very low capacitance cable so it can brighten things up a bit, still a very good deal.

Canare cables are also great, neutrik connectors with these will end up being a good deal if you dont mind custom building them.

For ready made stuff i like the planet waves stage cables, you can find them on ebay or amazon for about $18-$24 for a 15ft. I have four of these, they sound good, durable too.

I prefer soldered connectors, they are more heavy duty i feel. You could just buy the B&B or canare cable and solder some neutrik connectors. The end result will be cheaper that way but high quality depending on your soldering skills.

Comment

Mogamy 2524 bulk cables with some Neutrik jacks (or similar quality) and you are done. Make your own cables and patches to your needs.
        Best value for price. Those sound as good as Evidence Audio The Lyric II (well, the lyric sounds just a pinch better) and are several times cheaper.
        Mogamy and neutrik are very often seen in Studios.
        My blog: http://hermeticoguitar.blogspot.com
        My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/hermeticoguitar

Comment

I'm using bulk Mogami 2524 and GLS plugs.

I liked the B&B cable too (They seem to do the solder less thing better than George L), but my ears have adjusted to the higher cap Mogami cable. The Mogami sounds way better with a Tele, IMO.

Comment

GET MONSTER CABLE FOR ALL YOUR CORD/GUITARCABLE/SPEAKERCABLE/WIREZ!!! AHAHAHAHAHHA!!!

wait for the MF sale and then get top of the line monster pro 1000, thats what I did planet waves for pedalboard on sale too.

Comment

You know that's not a bad idea, just making my own.

I'm paranoid that my cables are killing tone
              -IM

Comment

Originally posted by Inder_Cine_Mann View Post
                You know that's not a bad idea, just making my own.

I'm paranoid that my cables are killing tone
                a great power conditioner will stop killed tone way more than cables, buy the best you can

I got a furman 1800 on a super sale: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/deta...FeRi7AodfVMA4g

Comment

I like Planet waves and fender cables.. if your in Canada Yorkville makes cheap but sturdy/long lasting stuff
                  Guitar- Fender Starcaster/Ibanez Artist in CGCGCC tuning
                  Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
                  Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Comment

+1 on the Planet Waves for price and quality.

Comment

peeps say top of the line monster cable is OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive! for what it is, it is so cheap on sale; I mean people here dont bat an eye about paying an extra $20 for buying a boutique overdrive when they already have 5 others. here is my receipt:

Monster Cable Studio Pro
                      1000 Speaker Cable 1/4" 3
                      Foot
                      $19.95 1 $19.95
                      Item #331667000000095
                      Monster Cable Studio Pro
                      1000 Speaker Cable 1/4" 6
                      Foot
                      $23.68 1 $23.68
                      Item #331667000000105
                      Monster Cable Studio Pro
                      1000 Instrument Cable
                      Straight-Angled 12 Foot
                      $39.93 1 $39.93
                      Item #331663000000077
                      In Stock & Ready To Ship
                      In Stock & Ready To Ship
                      In Stock & Ready To Ship
                      What’s

Comment

We should share a 500 or 1000 feet spool of high-end Belden.

I also have many spare angled neutriks (the cheaper variant but neutriks).

Comment

Working...
                        X