X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those that don't know what mids are

I present you with the best mid-heavy song in recent memory:

Re: For those that don't know what mids are

Motorhead was the sole reason that I put EL34's & E34L's in my Peavey XXX; I wanted those British mids.

Comment

Excellent stuff...
      Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

mmm mmm mmm! motorhead

I dont know what mids are, but I do know what lowmidrange is

Comment

I hate how in almost any high gain amp vid, the person demoing the amp has no clue what makes a really killer articulate super heavy sounding metal sound. They always scoop the mids and the sound turns to a buzzy fizzy mushy mess.

Twits.

Goose them mids people! They sound good!

Comment

Mids is where the money at

Comment

I agree with what CTN said 100%. Most high gain amp demo's are useless. Then there is guys like Ola and Kieth who do it right.

I've opened far to many amp demo's to find out the person is scooping the shiznite out of the midrange while playing with a TS and a Metalzone in front. It's absolutely pointless.
              My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
              The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
              Originally posted by CTN
              I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
              FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

I remember trying to emulate corrosion of Conformity's song "for with a bullet" and realizing an effective means was to scoop for the rhythm and then reach over and dime the mid knob for when Pepper slid in on the intro. Mids are definitely the teeth of the tone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
                Originally posted by Funkfingers
                Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Lemmy's bass is all mids. he keeps his bass on 0 and his treble on 0. His mids are on 10.
                  Last edited by JOLLY; 02-20-2014, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Vote With A Bullet...love COC...great bunch of guys in real life too.

Comment

Originally posted by youngthrasher9 View Post
                      I agree with what CTN said 100%. Most high gain amp demo's are useless. Then there is guys like Ola and Kieth who do it right.

I've opened far to many amp demo's to find out the person is scooping the shiznite out of the midrange while playing with a TS and a Metalzone in front. It's absolutely pointless.
                      My bass player and other guitar player both do it. I cut through it all like a knife with way less volume.

Comment

I'm agreeing with all these posts.. Mids are where it is at!

Everything I use in my setup is mid heavy from my guitar to my amp and even my pedals!
                        Guitar- Fender Starcaster/Ibanez Artist in CGCGCC tuning
                        Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
                        Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Comment

Working...
                        X