Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: good metal amp?

Originally posted by cschneider154 View Post
    I literally have no idea. I bought it from a guy who said he bought it brand new in 1986 and that he hasent changed anything on it except the strings. Its impossible to find any info on these guitars and i even sent an email to bc rich and i havent heard back from them yet. I havent taken it in or anything to find out what kind of pickups they are and im afraid to open in myself since im kinda a noob when it comes to guitars. all i got right now is a silvertone 10 watt and an acoustic 30 watt and when i played on the silvertone it sounded pretty alright but you could tell something was off.
    It's fairly easy to ID pickups. Loosen the strings as much as you can, unscrew the four corner screws holding the rings and lift it straight up and then look on the bottom for any markings.

OR, take off the back electronics cover, and check the wires. If the wires coming from the pickup cavities are any color other than black (or braided wire), IE blue, red, or yellow, they're stock OEM and probably junk.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
    @ArizonaVoters

Comment

mostly in the bedroom and at home.
      Peavey's new Vypyr VIP series has some great metal tones for a small amount of money. They've got a new generation coming soon that will sound even better.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
      @ArizonaVoters

Comment

mostly in the bedroom and at home.

Look into the small wattage Krank amps ?
        Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Originally posted by dominus View Post
          It's fairly easy to ID pickups. Loosen the strings as much as you can, unscrew the four corner screws holding the rings and lift it straight up and then look on the bottom for any markings.

OR, take off the back electronics cover, and check the wires. If the wires coming from the pickup cavities are any color other than black (or braided wire), IE blue, red, or yellow, they're stock OEM and probably junk.

took it to Sam Ash. They thought the wood is Alder and the pickups are Dimarzio Designed.

Comment

Marshall DSL 401

Comment

Bogner Uberschall

Seriously, for bedroom jamming, a Roland MicroCube will do you just fine. It'll fill a room with sound and keep up with whatever mp3s you blast through your PC/Phone-linked speaker setup.

You're not in a situation that requires anything more than preamp-only gain. You won't be able to fully enjoy tube-tone or cab resonance or speaker-pushing at bedroom volume, so stick with the Vox, or go with a MicroCube or other non-tube does-it-all amp.
              Originally posted by Brown Note
              I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
              My Blog

Comment

Working...
              X