The Gibson Falcon Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gibson Falcon Amp

Anyone out there using this amp??.was wondering how much tonality change would there be from say a rocktron metal planet DP ...to some of the other leading brands...the metalplanet is a great DP..it has lotsa of tones .. controls are good with an output level ..treble .bass mid frequency and mid. controls as well as an overall distortion level or is distortion just distortion
    Last edited by Kruser2112; 03-16-2014, 09:37 PM.

Re: The Gibson Falcon Amp

What are you trying to do with this amp? What sound are you chasing? Better yet, what do you want that this amp isn't giving you?

Are you referring to this amp in your title?

Early 60's Gibson Falcon GA 19 RVT guitar amp with Jensen 12" speaker

If so, somehow, I cant imagine anyone using a Rocktron Metal Planet with this amp, a Metalzone, or a Metal Muff. This amp wasn't meant for this!

Something like Full Drive, TS or a dozen other OD's would be godly, but a distortion pedal, really.

I owned one of these amps as a kid. It traded for a Peavey 212 classic [ the one with solid state preamp and 6l6 power tubes ]. The fellow wanted the Falcon as a harmonica amp and the was Peavey was just taking up space. If I could go back in time, I'd kick myself and keep the Falcon. Years have a tendency to things like this to ya.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Comment

Re: The Gibson Falcon Amp

I have twins from 1963 - given your current taste in amps, I'm not sure a Falcon is for you.

Great for Jazz, Surf, Americana type tones. Metal? Not so much. lol

Comment

Working...
      X