Playing a bass through a guitar rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playing a bass through a guitar rig

"For the Blizzard album I used one of Randy's 100-watt Marshall amps through a 4x12 cab and Gibson EB3 bass. The Diary album I used an Ampeg SVT vintage head (which I still have) through an 8x10 cab with my '61 P bass (natural finish). With Rainbow for the recording of the Long Live Rock and Roll album I used that same '61 P through one of Ritchie's doctored 200W Marshall heads through 4x12 cabs."
    Bob Daisley

Comment

Some of those bass sounds on that guitar speaker were straight up dubstep.
      Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
      Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
      Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
      Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
      Line 6 Helix
      Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
        on a serious note tho...as long as the rms wattage rating of your speaker exceeds the rms wattage rating of you amp, you'll be fine.
        This. Bass frequencies take more power to amplify than higher ones, so bass amps tend to have much higher wattage than guitar amps. Higher wattage is much more of a worry than low frequencies.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
          This. Bass frequencies take more power to amplify than higher ones, so bass amps tend to have much higher wattage than guitar amps. Higher wattage is much more of a worry than low frequencies.
          That makes sense also.

Thanks guys
          -IM

Comment

Working...
          X