are the new bugeras reliable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are the new bugeras reliable?

ive heard terrible stories of bugeras breaking down... altho they sound great! are the new ones worth it? heard they fixed them up abit since there first versions
    the model i plan on buying is either the 333xl or the 6262

Re: are the new bugeras reliable?

I've heard the 333xl is really good. Don't know about the 6262. I've had a V22 for 7 years with no problems at all. That's more than I can say for one of my Marshalls and Bogner.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Well for the record, your Bogner isn't a true Bogner. It'd be like calling an Epiphone a Gibson. Or a Jet City a Soldano.
      Custom neck-thru strat
      1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
      1995 PRS CE24
      D'avanzo #8
      Breedlove Solo Concert
      1996 USA Dean Baby Z
      1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
      1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
      Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

I've heard that they've stepped up their quality significantly. That only landed them sort of around to "pretty good" though. Good enough to qualify it as a decent kick-around if you get it used. Maybe not a touring head though.

Good thing is that they're pretty blatantly based on other, more famous amps so get a good hang on what you want out of an amp and then get the better version when you can.
        Originally posted by Funkfingers
        Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Well do not repair one when they die...SMD stuff all over!

Comment

i think itd be a better decision to just save up money and get a 6505+ and forget about the bugera anyway... im already playing with a marshall 6100 and i just need a higher gain amp

Comment

Originally posted by jon the art guy View Post
              Good thing is that they're pretty blatantly based on other, more famous amps so get a good hang on what you want out of an amp and then get the better version when you can.
              They're actually like modded versions of those amps..they don't sound better or worse or even that similar at all. There are quite a few demo's out there that do comparisons & there's always a difference..(whether for better or for worse..that's subjective). For instance the 6262 is significantly less noisy/fizzy than a 5150 or whatever they're called now. It also has less bass.

Personally the 5150 sound is something I'm not nuts about anyway & every other band these days uses them and sounds the same so if it was me, I would'nt get either lol.

The 333XL is exactly what I want in in an amp tone-wise. And as I mentioned before it's been totally reliable..have'nt even had to change tubes (maybe thanks to the "infinium" thing..)
              "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
              If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
                They're actually like modded versions of those amps..they don't sound better or worse or even that similar at all. There are quite a few demo's out there that do comparisons & there's always a difference..(whether for better or for worse..that's subjective). For instance the 6262 is significantly less noisy/fizzy than a 5150 or whatever they're called now. It also has less bass.

Personally the 5150 sound is something I'm not nuts about anyway & every other band these days uses them and sounds the same so if it was me, I would'nt get either lol.

The 333XL is exactly what I want in in an amp tone-wise. And as I mentioned before it's been totally reliable..have'nt even had to change tubes (maybe thanks to the "infinium" thing..)
                I'm genuinely interested in them again, I think. I'm going to embark on a head/cab soon and I'd like different heads to try out.
                Originally posted by Funkfingers
                Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Working...
                X