Diabolus in Musica
    SIDrip Alliance
    Book of Shadows
    RKH

Comment

Re: incoming........

Originally posted by philthis View Post
      Way to go Jolly, nice score!
      For those of you who don't know, new gear keeps your fire stoked and keeps you playing on. Never trust anyone who says they have the coolest gear and theres nothing else to buy for that guy is probably an elitest jackass who has lost his passion for playing.
      It's the chase for tone that fuels the fire to play and the fire to play fuels the chase for tone. Rich or poor Jolly's a player.
      I'm all about chasing and trying to get a great guitar tone. However, I'm all about chasing the great deal as well. I think just the Blackstar head alone costs around $2200 or so. I got the entire halfstack delivered to me for $1000. I bought my 5150 halfstack for $200. I bought a straight 4x12 for it for $400, and so I only have $600 invested in that whole 5150 block letter full stack. I've got $1900 invested in my Marshall JVM410H full stack with the Marshall 1960 A and B cabinets. Just that head alone costs around $2200 as well. I'm not trying to brag by any means about how many dollars worth of gear I have, but I sure as hell will brag on how much gear I have for as little as I have paid for it. Getting great deals on great gear really fires me up and gets me going.

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
      Need a pic of the kitchen
      I tweaked my back the other day while working. I'll try and get some pictures up later on when it is feeling better.

Comment

Nice! Congrats John
        "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Comment

That is a freaking AMAZING score!! congrats big time!! Ive never had the chance to play a blackstar except the little one. How does it differ tonally from what you have John?

Does it have an attenuator? Someone mentioned above. I love my amps, but they are too loud for my home sitch. Ive been looking at the 5150 III 50w cuz of the great tone and headphone jack..
          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
            That is a freaking AMAZING score!! congrats big time!! Ive never had the chance to play a blackstar except the little one. How does it differ tonally from what you have John?

Does it have an attenuator? Someone mentioned above. I love my amps, but they are too loud for my home sitch. Ive been looking at the 5150 III 50w cuz of the great tone and headphone jack..
            it doesn't really have an attenuator per se, it has power scaling that takes it anywhere between 10 watts and100 watts. I like the way it sounds better at 100 watts. I keep the master volume cranked at about three o clock, and I keep the separate channel volumes at reasonable levels.

Comment

Btw, I nearly choked to death and spit pepsi on my monitor when I read what you scored the 5150 for. Holy desperation sale batman!
              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

wowzerz! great deals dem dare

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                  Btw, I nearly choked to death and spit pepsi on my monitor when I read what you scored the 5150 for. Holy desperation sale batman!
                  yeah, that was one hell of a score.

Comment

Awesome NAD man! I love Blackstar Amps. The Series One stuff is stellar. That's a great score and killer NAD.

Comment

Working...
                    X