New amp project in the works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New amp project in the works

When it comes to the companies like Marstran, Heyboer, Mercury... It's just a choice. All are great, just depends what you're going for... I just don't like paying for Mercury's add campaign lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Anyone have a good link or resource that talks about Output Transformers as they relate to tone?

(From my perspective, it's an impedance matching device, transforming high voltage low amperage to low voltage high amperage. As long as the component can withstand the wattage and matches impedances correctly that's all that "matters". Which is correct from an engineering standpoint but we all know the small technical details are where the tone implications live.)
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
        Anyone have a good link or resource that talks about Output Transformers as they relate to tone?

(From my perspective, it's an impedance matching device, transforming high voltage low amperage to low voltage high amperage. As long as the component can withstand the wattage and matches impedances correctly that's all that "matters". Which is correct from an engineering standpoint but we all know the small technical details are where the tone implications live.)
        Google gives this:
        click here
        Unbelief is safe, because it takes no risk and almost always gets what it expects.

When your passion begins to decline, you already start to die. You were born to burn.

Comment

Working...
        X