Offer Accepted... Payment Delivered. Been-a-long-time-a-comin New Amp Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offer Accepted... Payment Delivered. Been-a-long-time-a-comin New Amp Day

Some of you might remember my thread about all of the cool amps that basically dropped into my lap over the past year or so. Most of you remember the sequel thread where I scored a few speaker cabinets that are ridiculously awesome and very, very hard to find.

After looking at my life, my financial situation, the gigs I have coming up, and the progress I'm making as a musician, I decided to put a cap on all of this madness and start making the moves I have to make to get the tone I've always wanted. I've got cabs I never thought I'd find. I've got a head I thought I could never buy. So, y'know what... **** it.

Dreams come true. Once this head arrives, there will literally only be one other head that I would even care to own... and this amp gets close enough to it's tone that I wouldn't waste my money. I'll have to get rid of some really cool equipment to justify the purchase but I'm more than confident that I'll be glad I did.

I don't want to do another "OOH GUESS WHAT I BOUGHT" thread but I also don't want to talk about it until I have it in my arms sooo GUESS WHICH ONE OF THESE I BOUGHT."

green globe burned black by sunn

Re: Offer Accepted... Payment Delivered. Been-a-long-time-a-comin New Amp Day

pics only OR120??

whatever it is it's awesome that you are living the dream!

I'm so jelly.

Comment

you have a fishing boat??

Comment

I very much hope this is the Orange/Matamp.
        Custom neck-thru strat
        1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
        1995 PRS CE24
        D'avanzo #8
        Breedlove Solo Concert
        1996 USA Dean Baby Z
        1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
        1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
        Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Damn, AD140 is the one I want, but I ain't got no fishing boat.

Comment

green matamp head! AHH!! I HATE GUESSING THREADZ!!! U GENERATION NEXTERZ!!!

Comment

Joseph Stalin is closest... The one I'm getting isn't the most vintage or collectible one, but its the one that matches me the best.

Comment

Its the '98 OD120, right?
                 Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

Sunn Scepter.
                  Originally posted by Funkfingers
                  Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Originally posted by jon the art guy View Post
                    Sunn Scepter.
                    I thought you were buying the Scepter, man.... You need to get a new amp too. Don't let us have all the fun.

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Flannel View Post
                      I thought you were buying the Scepter, man.... You need to get a new amp too. Don't let us have all the fun.
                      Oh man. I wish. Sucks being both poor and in no control of finances.
                      Originally posted by Funkfingers
                      Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Flannel View Post
                        Its the '98 OD120, right?
                        So freakin close! But no.

Sunn Scepter.
                        That's YOUR amp, dude. I have a model T and a Bassman... Don't really feel any desire for more vintage American tube amps.

Oh man. I wish. Sucks being both poor and in no control of finances.
                        Get out there and get to work! hahaha

Okay, I'll stop torturing you guys.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	ocrlgt0ybbjkkghnjs2h.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	5780248

Seller's image. '94-era reissue. This was built because the Gibson company licensed the Orange brand and had a bunch of 70's reissues handmade at the old Matamp factory.

So it's a (Gibson) Orange (Matamp) OR120 from the early 90's. It's so me it hurts.

Comment

YEASSSSSS
                          Custom neck-thru strat
                          1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                          1995 PRS CE24
                          D'avanzo #8
                          Breedlove Solo Concert
                          1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                          1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                          1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                          Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

That's gonna be tasty, man.

I definitely want to hear sone clips of it.

Comment

Ive been really wanting that, not that I could afford it at this point

it can be used for guitar and bass so thats why I want it more than a bass tube amp

Comment

Working...
                              X