Peavey 6505+ combo problems help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey 6505+ combo problems help.

When using pedals makes a lot of feedback noise, like more then it should be. I have tried using these to signal chains and both sound really bad.

I have tried going straight into the amp and it sounds fine... so it is something with the pedals....

Guitar > Wah > Suppressor > Ibanez TS9 > Suppressor (the NS-2 using the send return with the TS9) > into amp then in the FX loop I had a Send > Looper > Chorus > Return

Guitar > NS-2 > Looper > wah > TS-9 > Chorus > input of amp (not using the NS-2 send and return) (and not using the FX Loop)

Both of these have given me feedback beyond all recognition....

my amp settings

Rhythm: High: 7 Mid: 6 Low: 4

Lead: 7 Mid: 6 Low: 6

if you need anymore info just comment/post and I will try and answer but please help, this amp was purchased around January - February so it is fairly new....

Please help.
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420, Ibanez RGA7, Ibanez RGD7421, Ibanez AFS75T 1993 Korean Squier Strat, Jackson MIJ DXMG, Yamaha APX500II
    Basses: Ibanez SR605
    Amp(s): Marshall JCM800 clone
    Seymour Duncan Pickups used: Pegasus, Sentient, Blackouts, JB, Jazz, Invader, Hotrails, Vintage Stack (tele set), Dave Mustaine Livewire,

Re: Peavey 6505+ combo problems help.

and I tried turning down the gain and it doesn't go away....
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420, Ibanez RGA7, Ibanez RGD7421, Ibanez AFS75T 1993 Korean Squier Strat, Jackson MIJ DXMG, Yamaha APX500II
    Seymour Duncan Pickups used: Pegasus, Sentient, Blackouts, JB, Jazz, Invader, Hotrails, Vintage Stack (tele set), Dave Mustaine Livewire,

Comment

Have you tried adding one pedal at a time to find if there's something specific causing the noise?
      There are two kinds of people in this world that go around beardless—boys and women, and I am neither one

Comment

Originally posted by Johtosotku View Post
        Have you tried adding one pedal at a time to find if there's something specific causing the noise?
        no... lol I will try when I get home, but people feel free to keep giving more suggestions if you think it is something else, Thanks Joh

Comment

Too much gain on the TS9?

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
          @ArizonaVoters

Comment

It could be a tube, either preamp V1 or even a power tube that is microphonic.

Bill
            When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

What are you using to power your pedals? And are the cables ok? Don't use cheap ass ones as they buzz and cause noise.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadandBuried View Post
                What are you using to power your pedals? And are the cables ok? Don't use cheap ass ones as they buzz and cause noise.
                using fender cables and using the Power All system... brought it to the store and they helped me out and now it is working... I guess the amp was picky on what way the pedals went in... we tried 4 different set up options...

Comment

Working...
                X