Recording with a bugera?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recording with a bugera?

Hey guys, so i have a bugera 333xl infinium head. When i run it through the cab it is fantastic nice tight distortion. But when i hook it up to my interface through the lineout to record all i can get is a loose fuzzy distortion. Ive tried adjusting all the settings on the lead and crunch channels. Anyone have any expierence with these amps or this type of issue?

Re: Recording with a bugera?

This is why it's still a lot more common to mic a cab than to use a line out to record. Line outs just don't sound as good...
    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
      This is why it's still a lot more common to mic a cab than to use a line out to record. Line outs just don't sound as good...
      Absolutely. The only time I ever use a line out for recording is on Gallien-Krueger bass amps with their amazing post EQ option selected. I never record guitar using a line out. All you need is a simple Shure SM57 mic with a nice, short mic stand attached to a snake extension that bends a bit so you can place the mic where you want it. Some guys also like mini-boom stands and do not mess with the snake extensions.
      Soundcloud

Comment

That does make sense. I was curious cause my rhythm guitarist has a solid state b-52 head and his line out through the interface sounds just as if it were coming out of s cabinet. Wanted to more or less make sure there wasnt any possible issues with my head.

Comment

I'm thinking of getting one of these soon for recording. Maybe you'd like one too?

Find what you are looking for at Guitar Center with the GuitarCenter.com site map. Browse by product, brand and more

green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
            I'm thinking of getting one of these soon for recording. Maybe you'd like one too?

Find what you are looking for at Guitar Center with the GuitarCenter.com site map. Browse by product, brand and more

That's kinda sweet
            Soundcloud

Comment

Thats awesome. Im deffinately gonna check into that.

Comment

Also check this out

They are not giving them away ($299) but it's a pretty cool cab simulator/DI combo.

sigpic

Comment

^^^ yep that is what you are missing. you need some form of cab simulator/DI combo to run through if the line-outs in the bugera does not have speaker simulation.

Comment

Jet city just keeps on rolling out the sweet deals. Some of the best value for the money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Within the glow that weaves a cloak of delight ... There moves a thread that has no end
                    Yours is the cloth, mine is the hand that sews time ... For me, the cloth once more to spin
                    At last the arm is straight, the hand to the loom ... Is this to end or just begin?

sigpic My guitars + better pics

Comment

Whats your guys opinion on the randall iso cab? Says its packin a vintage 30?

Comment

ISO cabs always sound a little boxy to me (no pun intended) and don't breathe like micing a cab does. Line outs are always terrible BTW, and I hope you still have the head plugged into a load while doing that, otherwise your doing damage.

If you can't record it properly with a mic (properly meaning loud enough to sound good) then I would look into speaker emulators or at that point, an amp sim of some point.

I have also found converting a closet into a makeshift iso booth to sound much better (and a whole lot cheaper) than an iso cab.
                        TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Mic is my preference--gets the full cab sound.

EDIT: Btw, that's a highly underrated head-Bugera makes awesome products with incredible tone!

Comment

If you can't mic and you need to use that line out, use an impulse loader. There's lots of good free cabinet impulse files out there.

Comment

I've got the same amp (333xl Infinium) & used it to record my guitar tracks for my band's album last year. Mic'd the cab (Bugera 4x12) with an Audio Technica Mbk-2 (excellent mic.. for $50 ) & ran it into my 10 year old Zoom MRS 1044 portable multi-track recorder & things turned out pretty well...

A couple of rough mixes with the raw/unedited guitar tracks (one rhythm track each panned hard L/R ..& the solo slightly off center):

Just guitar/drums (no bass)

...you can get some nice SLO/hot-rodded JCM 800 type tones with the 333XL ...really meaty.
                              Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 01-14-2015, 02:33 AM.
                              "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                              If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                              X