Broken Solid State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Solid State

Hi! I have a cheap solid state amp. A Peavey Vypyr VIP 1. I recently got a MultiFX processer. Note I only ever plugged it in through the Aux Input so i couldn't have messed too much up. But one day the whole thing just made one static BOOM then it stopped working. Then it stopped working. I turned the volume all the way up (BAAAAAAD IDEA) and it blasted static so loud it left my ears ringing for hours and yes, the neighbors called. So I just decided to leave it alone. And then it started working again the next day but all the presets were weird (going straight in bypassing the fx pedal. But it would seriously break up if I turned it past six, which, would've made me go deaf before. So now the question lingers, should I take it back to GC or leave it be?

Re: Broken Solid State

Is it under warranty? If so, take it back.

There is no simple way to diagnose your amp over the internetz. My personal experience with amps like this is that simply cleaning the various jacks and pots can fix many problems. However, I am in no way saying that is what your problem is. The amp needs to be put on the bench and checked out by a tech. Maybe not a viable option given the cost/value ratio.

Edit: forgot to ask: can you do a factory reset on it? Have you tried that?

Comment

Maybe the speaker is now blown?

Comment

If you sword fight with the store, make sure your paperwork is intact (receipt, warranty card, etc).
        The many GC employees who are members here will likely say the same.
        We've had some guys in this forum with epic issues... do a search.
        sigpic
        "Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
        --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
        Originally posted by Lewguitar
        In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Comment

Working...
        X