About Freaking Time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: About Freaking Time!

I remember way back when (in 80s when they first came out), me 'n' my buds saw one at the local non-guitar-center store and tried one out - we moved on to the standard 800s and used metal panels/plexis. We did like the shiny chrome control panel, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
      One problem was that the Jubilee's weren't bulky in the mids, so mating it with the Jubilee 412's that were loaded with G75T's didn't help. They sound much better into a 412 with V30's and H30's. It looks like they realized this and went with V30's this time.
      That does seem to be a big part of the issue with jubes, they were designed around the Marshall/Celestions Vintage speaker, the forerunner of the V30, but then someone at Marshall decided to load the cabs with t75s and make the vintages an additional cost premium option.
      I know there are alot of people out there like me, who have wanted one for years but can't afford the prices on them, so $1900 isn't bad, though if I'm honest with myself I'll probably still get the Ceriatone version since the also build 2550s and I do prefer 50w or less amps
      Last edited by allbutromeo; 01-24-2015, 08:28 AM.
      sigpic
      Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

Originally posted by allbutromeo View Post
        That does seem to be a big part of the issue with jubes, they were designed around the Marshall/Celestions Vintage speaker, the forerunner of the V30, but then someone at Marshall decided to load the cabs with t75s and make the vintages an additional cost premium option.
        I know there are alot of people out there like me, who have wanted one for years but can't afford the prices on them, so $1900 isn't bad, though if I'm honest with myself I'll probably still get the Ceriatone version since the also build 2550s and I do prefer 50w or less amps
        I'm sure that's part of why my 2555 sounds so great. Part of the time I use it with a '78 straight cab loaded with G12Hs, and the rest of the time it's a Ear Candy Buzzbomb loaded with Emi Wizards.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

I don't understand why Marshall just doesn't offer their own hot rodded 800... Single channel, souped up 800... Friedman and everyone else is doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxplorer View Post
            I don't understand why Marshall just doesn't offer their own hot rodded 800... Single channel, souped up 800... Friedman and everyone else is doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            If you ask them, they'll tell you that the JVM line offers that and a lot more. We all know that's a crock of you - know - what. I'm totally with you on this.
            Originally posted by Rockstar216
            Musician thinking - nice strat, looks like a 62, that Marshall JCM 800 sounds great, the lead guitarist could use a bit less treble

Bar patron thinking - Wonder if these guys know "Free bird"?

Comment

Working...
            X