eminence fdm speakers? maverick/reignmaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: eminence fdm speakers? maverick/reignmaker

im in the second group. i blew a g12h-30 in my deluxe reverb down in memphis (amp was only on 4 so not sure whats up but the power sucks at the rum boogie) and while i could just throw a crex in or another g12h, id like to be able to run the amp on 5 or 6 and not get thrown out of the club but also be able to run it loud if im on a festival stage or something like that

Comment

I'mmguessing it would work fine then jeremy.
      One thing, they'll definitely have less mids than you g12h30... It's not like it's scooped but still less.

Comment

jeremy...have you considered a texas heat in your deluxe? They are indestructible (at 150 watts) and they definitely damp down the output a bit. Nice thick tone too. Somewhere between a cannabis rex and a greenback. It very much suits old skool style fender amps. I have a pair in my twin where they work perfectly by taming all that horsepower, and have one in my booteek jtm 2x12 thingy where its definitely not as loud as the private jack. I also had one for a while in my princeton reverb II - which i have since replaced with a cannabis rex. I liked the sound, but for me, the extra volume of the cannabis rex was a necessity (mainly cos the other guitarist i play with in my jazz trio has a cannabis rex in his sf princeton). Anyway, yeah...texas heats definitely allow you to wind up the master volume a knotch or two higher than you would with a cannabis.
        "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
        Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

ive put texas heats in a few amps and i like the speaker a lot. im really into the idea of the variable volume with similar tone. sometimes i need all the volume i can get outta the little bugger so rather than carrying an attenuater around seems like this is a cool option

Comment

Working...
          X