Unknown head on CL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown head on CL

Anyone have any idea what this head is? It's listed on Craigslist as unknown and the guy is asking $35 for it. I May take drive tomorrow to check It out.

Re: Unknown head on CL

if it works.. id get it for that.. if it doesnt id still give 20.. Buying old and unique gear is like opening up a history book to me

Comment

If it works, it's mine. I'm sure I could get some useful tones/sounds from it. Hey, Its got tremolo! Haha.
      It looks like the power is turned on with the volume button.

Comment

Transistor amps aren't like tube amps. If you find that there is a bad transistor in there that is obsolete, you may or may not be able to get a direct replacement. If not, you may be out of luck unless you redesign part of the circuit.

I've found that some tremolo circuits in these old amps can be tricky to get working again. It's important for all the components be within a certain tolerance range in order for the oscillator to work. If a cap or resistor drifts out of spec, the circuit won't work.

The output transistors are direct coupled to the speaker, or are coupled through a capacitor. First thing to check is to see if there is any d.c. voltage at the output jack. If there is, you probably need to replace the coupling cap.

Good luck!

Comment

I just re-read the ad. He does claim that it is in "working condition". I do appreciate all that info though, Brian!

Comment

If you don't like it just sell it to Kevlar and he'll change a few caps to have it give up the goods.

Comment

Working...
            X