Please tell me true about Orange amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please tell me true about Orange amps

I have a friend who is the biggest Orange amp fan I know. He owns several including some clones or original design or whatever they are like Matamp. I don't know what the history of Orange and Matamp and the other names he mentioned but he complains a lot about the reliability of Orange amps having diminished in the last ten years or so. This is too bad because I recently had an experience with the Rockerverb MKII which blew my mind, though it is a rather garish look for an amp in my view. Ha ha! This is an amplifier which interests me greatly at the present tense but expensive enough to cause some apprehension about whether it is reliable for the long term. I would like to know, and with a truthful view aside from the "fanboi" ideologies of some Orange fanatics, what the overall reliability of the English made Oranges are. To my knowledge this is one of the UK made models, but don't take it as if I think the Chinese manufactured Oranges are not good because it's really only that the MKII is the one that pours honey into my ears.

Re: Please tell me true about Orange amps

Interesting. I have read and heard a lot about the unreliability of the Chinese made Orange amps but I must admit this is the first I am hearing of any issues with the U.K. amps. I have never owned an Orange myself but I always had a ton of respect for them from a tone standpoint after trying some out.
    Soundcloud

Comment

I haven't heard a single bad word about the reliability of any U.K. made Orange.

Comment

I really like them. I don't see them as being any more or less reliable as any of the other big tube amp companies... the fact is that all tube amps need maintenance from time to time, y'know. The Rockerverb in particular is a modern classic. Really good cleans, really good distortion, really good on-board reverb. Every so often they do a run in black or white tolex because not everybody wants an orange amp but I think the classic Orange stack has such a "I don't give a **** this is rock-n-roll" vibe...

I duno. If you want another amp and you like the way it sounds, go for it.
        green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

I've had three and still own two, one of them was chinese.

All of them are awesome tonewise (if you like the orange sound) and have been nothing short of bullet-proof reliability-wise.

Folks tend to love 'em or hate 'em. Although I'm not chauvinistic like some of the hardcore orange fans are, you'll never hear a bad word about them from me.

Comment

Working...
          X