Just picked up my first real amp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just picked up my first real amp!

I think someone posted a quote from the Telecaster handbook that said "It's just a plank of wood, you have to find the music in it", @ least something like that? I believe this "quote" to be very true in more ways than one. By that I mean that it not only pertains to guitars but all gear. I guess another one would be "an amp is just a box & some speakers, you make it sing", if you are only a few months into playing you prob. don't even know what sound you are looking for & even if you do that could change in a heartbeat, by just learning a new song or playing a different guitar? If you, Mallowpuff, were to come over to my house, I could hang a $10,000 guitar over you, plug you into a bunch of top of the line & boutique effects, & then into any of my very expensive & iconic in some cases, amplifiers. Oh, let us not forget all the rack gear!!! You wouldn't play any better than you do now & if you sounded any better the margin would be quite minimal. When I was younger I used to say "if I only had the money" & "I need one of these, its the answer to all my playing prayers"! You know, I think I played better when I was 17 than I do now & back then all my gear added up was prob. worth about $400? You just have to find the music brother, the gear will come & when it does you will understand that the gear accounts for about 10% of your sound, the rest comes from your heart, gut, & sometimes, if you are lucky, straight from the fruit of your loins!!! God bless you Bro., stick with it!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks fir all the help/info/stories/everything!!!!

I actually do have a question about it though, what should I not do with it like volume wise? I really just want to see how loud it gets outside but what shouldn't be done with it to keep the speaker from get stressed too much? Like not full volume? Or just not like every distortion on full with full volume and such? Thanks for any answers!

Comment

Originally posted by Mallowpuff View Post
        Thanks fir all the help/info/stories/everything!!!!

I actually do have a question about it though, what should I not do with it like volume wise? I really just want to see how loud it gets outside but what shouldn't be done with it to keep the speaker from get stressed too much? Like not full volume? Or just not like every distortion on full with full volume and such? Thanks for any answers!
        Just twist and turn everything whatever way you desire.

She'l be right mate.

Comment

Really?

I'm gonna take it outside in a bit and turn it up. With the tiny bit of volume I can have on in the house, I can't really hear the reverb, and I just want to hear it loud.

Comment

Makes lots of loud, sweet, noise!
            Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
            Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

I've had a Cube 60 for almost ten years.
              I've been very liberal with it's volume usage. Just put it up loud, one of the Cube's strengths is their reliability and it will take whatever you throw at it.
              Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
              Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
              Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
              Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

hehehehe
                EHD
                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
                X