X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know about Laney Ironhearts?

Hi people,

I've been looking recently at a Laney IRT60H, but I have a problem.
    It would seem that no matter how hard I look, people who demo this amp never play on a 6-string in standard tuning. I like to play metal that isn't downtuned, and I currently am too busy to go and have a look at the amp until April. So I was wondering:

-What are your opinions on this amp?
    -Does anyone know of, or can make a demo of this amp without down-tuning their guitar or playing anything with more than 6 strings?

Re: Anybody know about Laney Ironhearts?

I don't think that would tell you anything more than the down tuned demos. The gain structure is what it is, and the eq will be the same, just with less bass. Is there anything specific you want to know? What band best exemplifies the kind of metal you like to play, or what bands tone would you like to have most?
    Originally posted by Rockstar216
    Musician thinking - nice strat, looks like a 62, that Marshall JCM 800 sounds great, the lead guitarist could use a bit less treble

Bar patron thinking - Wonder if these guys know "Free bird"?

Comment

Re: Anybody know about Laney Ironhearts?

Originally posted by Nacho8807 View Post
      I don't think that would tell you anything more than the down tuned demos. The gain structure is what it is, and the eq will be the same, just with less bass. Is there anything specific you want to know? What band best exemplifies the kind of metal you like to play, or what bands tone would you like to have most?
      Basically I want to know if it can do Metallica and Iron Maiden well enough, specifically Metallica style rhythm and Maiden style leads. I'm also assuming that it would be good at Black Sabbath tones.

Comment

Working...
      X