No announcement yet.

Oh its a Peavey Marshall now I get it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oh its a Peavey Marshall now I get it.

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
    IIRC the old Park's were pat of a distributorship deal and they were mainly marketed as keyboard amps?
    Not sure about the keyboard part... might be right... But it was a way that Jim Marshall could cut his friend who had been the distributor for the north of england a deal, after Marshall signed a distributor ship deal with Rose Morris.

The really weird Not Marshall Marshalls are the Narbs, Ken Bran was Marshalls engineer at the time and to use up old stock they slapped together some amps and put Kens surname on them... backwards.
    "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
    you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

"All the work is perfect and better than original"

ha ha ha awesome!
      Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Well, your ears will tell you part of the story. At least with Craigslist, you get to see what you're buying first. Too much money? Yeah, I think so. Shredder's amp? Would have to be some great mods. I love my Windsor, but no way in hell is it a "shredder". Maybe this one is now?
        My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
        or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
        http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
        700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

I was looking at some Windsors on GC used last week
          also looked at a mods page which said one could mod a Windsor or Valveking
          into a more Marshall like amp with some resistor changes

maybe this is what the guy has
          EHD
          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
          X