Marshall MX212 2x12 Guitar Speaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall MX212 2x12 Guitar Speaker

Has anyone -played one of these cabs? I have no issue with the Celestion Seventy 80 speakers I have played them before and gotten great tones out of them. Seeing this is $400 cheaper than the 1936 cab I am leaning towards going this route.

Re: Marshall MX212 2x12 Guitar Speaker

Almost went there. MDF. They sound nasal and don't handle low end well. I played 8t next to an Egnater renegade(rebel? The $499 one) 2x12 and the Egnater was much higher quality tone.

It won't match your DSL but I will say it again. EVH for 5 bills new. Better wood, better build, better speakers.

Sounds good 》 looks good.
    Last edited by JeffB; 03-04-2015, 03:50 PM.
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Re: Marshall MX212 2x12 Guitar Speaker

Like Jeff B said, go with the EVH 2x12. It's built like a tank, solid birch ply and celestion g12h speakers..

If you want something other than g12h speakers, look at Avatar,theyll put in any speakers you want for about the same price.

I took apart the evh, there's not a single piece of mdf in it. My only complaint is they don't expect you to change speakers as they use these press in fittings tos crew the speakers into that tend to fall out when changing speakers, avatar uses bolts expecting you're going to change speakers and experiment

Comment

Working...
      X